48in LG C2 1440p resolution?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
If I want to run games at 1440p resolution on my 48in C2 would I first set the desktop resolution to 1440p then choose that resolution in the game menu? Do I have to create a custom resolution in the nvcp? I know it wont be the panels native resolution. Should I use gpu scaling?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Doesn't it support that resolution out of the box? Just select it in the game.

If the game supports render resolution scaling or DLSS/FSR/XeSS, I'd use those first because you don't need to run the display in 1440p.

If I want to run games at 1440p resolution on my 48in C2 would I first set the desktop resolution to 1440p then choose that resolution in the game menu? Do I have to create a custom resolution in the nvcp? I know it wont be the panels native resolution. Should I use gpu scaling?

Thanks!
Is your goal for this to make the "image" smaller or the performance better?

Thanks!
Just choose the resolution in the game. If the resolution is greyed out in the game you want to drop the resolution for, then you need to change the desktop resolution.

No, you do not need to create a custom resolution. The C2 supports 2560x1440 out of the box.

Keep scaling set to display. The processor in the TV does a better job at scaling.

You should use GPU image reconstruction instead of dropping the resolution. Priority is DLSS -> XᵉSS -> FSR. DLSS set to quality will reconstruct the image from 2560x1440 to 3840x2160, so it's effectively the same as running the resolution at 2560x1440. I'm not sure how the other reconstruction algorithms work.
Doesn't it support that resolution out of the box? Just select it in the game.

If the game supports render resolution scaling or DLSS/FSR/XeSS, I'd use those first because you don't need to run the display in 1440p.
If the game doesn't have exclusive fullscreen then the desktop needs to be set to the resolution you want the game to run at.

Last edited:
If the game doesn't have exclusive fullscreen then the desktop needs to be set to the resolution you want the game to run at.
I find this can vary pretty wildly per game. Some will just render it as if it was exclusive fullscreen and scale to full screen, some will shrink it to smaller portion of the screen.

Exclusive fullscreen in Windows 11 is actually just a shortcut for "set resolution/refresh rate to the one asked by the game first".

Back