3x 16:10 120Hz monitors for portrait eyefinity that are easy to read

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
I do a mix of coding and gaming and am looking for three monitors that fit as much of the following criteria as possible.

Must:
-22" or larger each
-Good text clarity (in portrait orientation especially), easy to read for long periods of time
-Small bezels for eyefinity

Strong Desire:
-120Hz
-16:10 aspect ratio
-Have displayport connector

Hopefully:
-Good color accuracy
-Good response time
-Good cost

Anything that you guys would reccomend? The reason that I say 120Hz (even though it's not critical) is that I'm hoping that these monitors will last me a long time. This is why I'm also going for DisplayPort as well. I'd like to keep the price as low as possible, say $750 - 1000 total for the three.

If it makes a difference, I live in California near a Micocenter and Fry's. Thanks!

This monitor does not exist.

There are only a handful of 120hz monitors.

The first ones were 22" 1680x1050 (16:10)

All the new ones are 16:9 1920x1080 in either 23" or a couple in 27"

The only 120hz I know of with Display Port is the Alienware AW2310

Also, you can't hardly touch any 120hz monitors for less than about $350ish

Have you ever heard "fast, cheap, good - pick two"? This applies to monitors and pretty much everything else and you are basically asking for all 3. Maybe in 3-5 years...

Also, you can't hardly touch any 120hz monitors for less than about $350ish

Have you ever heard "fast, cheap, good - pick two"? This applies to monitors and pretty much everything else and you are basically asking for all 3. Maybe in 3-5 years...

LOL. Well said. Sad reality.

there is no monitor supporting 120hz over displayport
and the only ok 16:10 monitor with 120hz is the viewsonic vx2268wm

Yeah, as others have said what you want doesn't exist. If you drop the 120Hz requirement however there are options I believe.

NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D has displayport and 120hz.
cost a lot also.

this monitor not exist.

16:10 = professional monitor IPS or VA.

IPS is hard to read and cause eyestrain for aggressive ag coating and dirty / grainy look, but is much better as colors.

VA ( MVA or PVA ) is better as contrast ration ( triple ) and easy to read, because have a light ag coating or the good semi glare coating, but is too SLOW for gaming.

Only the next S-PLS panel monitors will be the best, quality of IPS + semi glare coating :eek:
the 27" 16:10 and 24" will enter in Q3.

Last edited:
IPS is hard to read and cause eyestrain for aggressive ag coating and dirty / grainy look,

False.

VA ( MVA or PVA ) is better as contrast ration ( triple ) and easy to read, because have a light ag coating or the good semi glare coating,

False. IPS has higher eye comfort in my experience because of the absence of colour shift.
but is too SLOW for gaming.

False.

Source: Personally using all panel types mentioned above extensively.

Okay, so if I drop the 120Hz, what am I looking at then - though there are already a few threads for easy to read monitors I can probably reference.

False.

False. IPS has higher eye comfort in my experience because of the absence of colour shift.

False.

Source: Personally using all panel types mentioned above extensively.

u are only IPS fanboy.
that the IPS use a excessive AG coating is a fact, this is one of more interesting quetions in this forum.

If your VA model was not good, not means that the VA models is not good, the VA is the best option for office and text reading.
And it's slow for gaming, exist only 1 model by Eizo that is fast for gaming but is 900$.

u are only IPS fanboy.

False. Reported to make the mods consistent.
that the IPS use a excessive AG coating is a fact

Then substantiate your claim for once.

this is one of more interesting quetions in this forum.

If only people didn't make unsubstantiated claims, and then respond with invective to scrutiny.

If your VA model was not good, not means that the VA models is not good, the VA is the best option for office and text reading.

Panel type is not a point of focus for office work as long as the model has a high resolution and preferably a WVA panel.

And it's slow for gaming, exist only 1 model by Eizo that is fast for gaming but is 900$.

There is no kernel of meaning here. A person with reasonable demands can enjoy all sorts of games on even C-PVA monitors.

I have some MVA panels I bought 3 years ago that are 5ms. They have been great for gaming. What type of gaming you are talking about? I play CRYSIS, Modern warfare, etc no problem.

Take a look at the BenQ xl2410t You can buy refurbs from the company directly for $270 and NO SHIPPING. .

Back