3D Printed - Spring Loaded Power Button + Front IO

Another nice post.

I'm assuming the layout is dependent on the USB/MIC/HP connector?

Nice. That's quite a haul!

I'm curious though, how is the port secured to the IO panel? I noticed the orange panel has mounting holes for the case, but couldn't make out how you secure the ports to the panel.

Nice. That's quite a haul!

I'm curious though, how is the port secured to the IO panel? I noticed the orange panel has mounting holes for the case, but couldn't make out how you secure the ports to the panel.

If you notice the USB/Audio has a small 2mm high wall around it .... When the dell-io box is placed inside that wall, it leaves a 1mm space around the entire dell part. I place the dell part on the 3D printed mount and then take a large syringe and apply a small layer of adhesive around the entire thing. It creates a really tight fit and you can barely see the glue. I've tried jamming some USB dongles into the assembly and it holds tight.

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew it wasn't sorcery! +1

I hate using glue because I feel like it's a hack. However, the more off-the-shelf cases that I look at, their power/reset/usb connectors are just covered in what looks like a white hot-glue. So I don't feel that bad about it anymore.

Back