3D Print Noob, Old Printer

If there are any crash course guides on learning 3d Printing I'd greatly appreciate the information.

EDIT: Looks like I figured it out my noob problems, see second post.

Bed is at 50ºC by default, and the nozzle is at 200ºC by default, 1.75mm PLA white filament. Printing worked out just fine

Last edited:
I only posted out of desperation of days tinkering on this thing, but I seem to have fixed it now.... The test print so far is doing good!

The Z-axis wasn't connected properly, so I fixed that and then tore the hot end apart again, cleaned out everything, shoved the freshly cut bowden tube (it had a blackened end so I figured why not), and crammed that puppy down until it was almost to the base where the nozzle goes. Started some threads, then threaded a new nozzle to push the bowden tube back, and then locked the pneumatic nipple down. Re-leveled the base again using a sheet of paper, fired it up, and noticed the extruder had an issue. The knurled/textured drive wheel had white dust on it from slippage, and the smooth tensioner wheel wasn't spinning so I played with the lever and spring some until they both worked together properly. Might need to shim the spring for a hair more of pressure, and I need to clean the driving wheel.

Now it's been working perfectly for the first ~3mm, time will tell.

Back