3870x2 in stock

Deliximus

2[H]4U
I was just bored and headed to one of my favorite computer stores in the humble town of Vancouver, BC. I went to Anitec computers (anitec.ca) and saw the 3870x2 (Sapphire) on the shelve and i couldn't keep my mouth shut. I was thinking "WTF, it's not even 'launched' yet!"
It was listed $499.99 CDN.

I see it listed at Futureshop (out of stock) as well when i got home, so that's pretty cool if anyone wants to try it.

just a FYI for anyone interested.

I took a pic of it with my w810i camera if anyone wants a pic.

So.....BIG!!! :eek::eek:

That thing is huge! I don't know if it would even fit in my X-Cruiser, and this isn't a small case haha. I guess it needs to be to have the multi GPU setup though huh? Nice cooler though, at least it blows OUT of the case, unlike my 2600XT which just blows right back into the middle which my CPU picks up, ugh

So.....BIG!!! :eek::eek:

That thing is huge! I don't know if it would even fit in my X-Cruiser, and this isn't a small case haha. I guess it needs to be to have the multi GPU setup though huh? Nice cooler though, at least it blows OUT of the case, unlike my 2600XT which just blows right back into the middle which my CPU picks up, ugh
It's the same length as a GTX/Ultra.

it just looks bigger because the fan covers the whole PCB... granted, even if fitting it into a case weren't a problem, that huge heatsink could cause major fitting problems in some boards where the SATA ports are placed too close to the PCIex16 port...

When I get money and get a new mobo i'm going to add this in and turn tri-crossfire.. Or just sell my current 3870...

Back