3800x temps w/CPB

Riptide_NVN

2[H]4U
I have run my system for a while now with DOCP enabled in the BIOS and core performance boost disabled. PBO is also disabled, vcore is set AUTO. This kept the CPU cores at a static 3.9ghz and temperatures and voltage low. Idle in the mid 30s for example and gaming temps in the high 40s.

I've noticed that with core performance enabled CPU voltage and clock speeds are all over the place now. Idle temps range from high 30s to high 40s. In CB20, on a multi-core pass I am seeing temperatures in the 70s. If I set a negative offset of -0.10 for vcore, it brings temps down to the high 60s during a pass. This all seems very warm to me, and especially for the cooler I am running and in a case with good air flow.

Are these results out of line? I don't know if the negative offset is affecting performance much as I haven't tested it yet. It seemed like a good thing to do, to pull temps down a bit.

CPU: 3800x
Motherboard: B450-F gaming
Cooler: NZXT X63 w/kryonaut, fans at 1000rpm and pump at silent

Take your vcore off auto and set it manually to 1.3-1.35vcore and see if that helps. This 'should' limit your voltage to promote lower temps. 😀

I did some testing with the negative voltage offset. 0.10 didn't make any hit on performance for multi or single core results in CB20. So I left that in place and temps don't climb up over 70c. I'm sure maxing the pump and bumping fan speeds on the AIO would help I just don't want to do it.

Back