35" Ultra Wide VA Panel monitor from Acer?

StryderxX

[H]ard|Gawd
I had no idea that Acer was working on a new variant of the Predator X34. This new monitor is the Acer Predator Z35 and it's using a VA Panel instead of the X34s IPS display. Using VA might help eliminate issues like back light bleed and IPS glow and now the refresh rate goes all the way up to 144hz. The only bummer here is that the resolution is 2560X1080 instead of 3440x1440. That might be the ultimate deal break for most [H] members.

Z35 bmiphz

Amazon.com: Acer Predator Z35 35-inch Curved Full HD (2560 x 1080) NVIDIA G-Sync Display, 144Hz, 2x9w speakers, HDMI & DP: Computers & Accessories

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah I saw this a couple weeks back and it seemed perfect until I saw the resolution. 2560x1080 at that screen size is a bummer.

The only downside of it being a VA is that refresh rates over 100 Hz are not practical due to the slower pixel response time. The TFT Central review linked above illustrates why. The possibility of a 200 Hz refresh rate is definitely an enticing marketing point, though. But the low resolution at this size is definitely enough to kill your boner.

Back