34 Criminal Cases Tossed after Body Cam Footage Shows Cop Planting Drugs

Give me a good reason why police body cameras shouldn't be running during their entire shift.
but without the cameras bad officers will continue to get away with shit. this very thing is what gets rapists and murders out of jail free...

You do know I am agreeing with you right? Its the bad officers that don't want cameras.

Why fire him? He only did it because known criminals are let go. Again, and again, and again. Do the same for him. Hell, as long as politicians set the bar with breaking laws and not getting prosecuted, why should anyone be prosecuted?

Yes, this is all linked. No, I do not condone planting evidence. But, there is a bigger problem. This is just a symptom.

If I'm out in public I have no reasonable expectation of privacy anyways.

What pisses me off isn't even that there are pieces of shit cops that put innocent men and women in jail. What pisses me off is the other "good" cops that bitch and whine about how this shit makes their lives harder.

Cry me a fucking river.

If you really wanted to not make your job harder, then do away with the blue wall and immediately go after those "few" bad apples. Don't defend them, don't keep quiet, don't bring up the "we are endangering ourselves every day for you" excuse. Cops have made their own negative reputation. How about instead you do what's good and fair and make it so that our first instinct is to believe you, rather than doubt you? There have been far too many examples out there where a corrupt cop is clearly doing something and others keep quiet or still do everything they can do defend them. Or they just get placed in "administrative leave" and they only end up fired or simply put in another position to minimize punishment. Fuck. That.

I was waiting for the cop to find a bag a dicks where he attempted to plant drugs.

I've seen this practice done before, happens a lot more often then people think.

I'm sure there are a small minority of shit cops (and even racist ones too - most police forces are made up of humans), but the majority do "protect and serve". I do wish there were a way for all the BLM tards to "opt out" and place themselves on a do not respond list, that way when they wreck their car / get assaulted / are robbed they aren't tempted to risk becoming another victim of the police, criminal justice system, or the courts they so despise.

This problem with the police, that we do have, will continue to be overlooked by the people who "by pure chance" have not had to deal with them. Wait until you have to deal with them and come back and say it is not corrupt and broken. Go to your local public defenders office and just ask a single one of them how many cases they are assigned in a day. That will give you an idea of what your chances are if you do get into trouble, rightfully or not. Once you get on the "wrong" side of these assholes, there is no escape unless you are wealthy. The shit will just pile on, no matter what type of person you are, meaning good/bad.

This problem with the police, that we do have, will continue to be overlooked by the people who "by pure chance" have not had to deal with them. Wait until you have to deal with them and come back and say it is not corrupt and broken. Go to your local public defenders office and just ask a single one of them how many cases they are assigned in a day. That will give you an idea of what your chances are if you do get into trouble, rightfully or not. Once you get on the "wrong" side of these assholes, there is no escape unless you are wealthy. The shit will just pile on, no matter what type of person you are, meaning good/bad.

You should be more specific. "Get into trouble" for you really means "Commit a crime."

No it doesn't mean commit a crime. It can be something as simple as mistaken identity, a false accusation, etc. Just run afoul with the law and there is no escape. They think they are all above the law and everything they do is altruistic but most times it is not. If a cop says he found drugs on your property, and there is no video evidence like the OP of this thread, and you go to court and tell them it isn't yours, or that the cop planted it, what do you think he is going to say/do? If they want to bust you, they will find a way and there is nothing you can do about it unless you have nearly unlimited money and time.

Ahhh, Baltimore. Right up there with Chicago and Detroit as prime vacation spots.

Ahhh, Baltimore. Right up there with Chicago and Detroit as prime vacation spots.

As someone who recently spent a week in DC and Baltimore, I agree. It was not great during daylight, and downright scary at night. If I lived there I would be packing 2 guns 24x7.

Now I know why the hotels in Baltimore were 1/3 the price of the DC ones.

As far as the cop-cams go.... sadly it appears they do need to be on the entire shift to prevent BS evidence planting like this. I would prefer to think this is an isolated incident but.....

For all those asking why the body cams can't record for the entire shift, it's due to storage, or lack of. The body cams record onto themselves, and then when they get back to the station and dock the cam, it uploads to the server. No way (at the present time) you're going to be able to get a 10-12hr shift recorded u less it's at 480p.

Also, the cams activate by pressing the record or when the blue lights in the car is activated.

I deal with one brand at the PD I work at. And if it's recording 10hrs, you'll need 100s of terabytes. We're now at 30tb and that's just 3 years worth of videos from the dash cams. The body cams we got this year added almost 1tb so far.
Seems like a drop in the bucket compared to costs of lawsuits and internal investigations.

For all those asking why the body cams can't record for the entire shift, it's due to storage, or lack of. The body cams record onto themselves, and then when they get back to the station and dock the cam, it uploads to the server. No way (at the present time) you're going to be able to get a 10-12hr shift recorded u less it's at 480p.

Also, the cams activate by pressing the record or when the blue lights in the car is activated.

I deal with one brand at the PD I work at. And if it's recording 10hrs, you'll need 100s of terabytes. We're now at 30tb and that's just 3 years worth of videos from the dash cams. The body cams we got this year added almost 1tb so far.
But the cars have a connection and a pretty fast one at that so they can get warrants and such the cameras could have a 4g or wifi direct connection to the squad car and any footage could be uploaded in real time... 1080p w/audio in 12 hour shifts is not so large that type of setup can't handle it And do you honestly think they do a 12 hour shift without breaks... assign each officer 2 cameras 1st shift 2nd shift if needed 3rd shift they use each camera for 4 hours and swap them as a taxpayer i would gladly eat the cost if it accomplished 1 thing. That one thing being never hearing on the news how a dirty cop doing something they should be fired and arrested for. The problem is that you would need to have the footage logged incidents flagged and mundane un-needed footage dropped and to hire a team to do that is not only out of budget it is not something they will do...

Furthermore they could ask google to set law enforcement up with a youtube like system and api where the raw footage is uploaded to a secure server in real time or close to real time and once on the server it gets compressed and made available for viewing by evidence review. Hell if the issue of privacy is really that big a deal facial recognition can recognize bodies and faces and apply blur... without a human eye even seeing it then if there is cause for further review as in a real crime was on video or incident was on video flag it and make the raw available...

And you dont need to keep all of the footage indefinitely you only need to keep incidents so keep the footage for 2 weeks and any footage that is flagged aka sirens used.

Also 30TB.... you can fit that on 4 hard drives these days... My personal space is up to 17TB with another 9TB on the way.

Last edited:
No it doesn't mean commit a crime. It can be something as simple as mistaken identity, a false accusation, etc. Just run afoul with the law and there is no escape. They think they are all above the law and everything they do is altruistic but most times it is not. If a cop says he found drugs on your property, and there is no video evidence like the OP of this thread, and you go to court and tell them it isn't yours, or that the cop planted it, what do you think he is going to say/do? If they want to bust you, they will find a way and there is nothing you can do about it unless you have nearly unlimited money and time.

You are living with this idea that cops want to make as many arrests as possible. The only reason a cop would ever show up on your doorstep is because your neighbor or someone called. It's just not worth it to them to go snooping around.

forget fired... they need to give him some serious jail time

and lol at Detroit being in recovery.....
It's true. Detroit is in stages of recovery. A lot of the city still has troubles obviously, but downtown has been in a small resurgence and quite a lot of money has been invested in new development(most prominently the new Red Wings/Pistons arena. A gaudy piece of shit).

Hell, a new public bridge to Windsor should be going in. Which frankly is good news as the Ambassador bridge is privately owned and the owners are making a mint off it.

Part of this is due to the city shrinking in size (I believe city limits have shrank considerably) and the gentrification of homes within the city. It's pretty inexpensive to go buy a house if you don't mind the neighborhood.

Reality: Cops found drugs, but not with cameras on. Police re-plant drugs so that they can find it "on camera" and make it admissible evidence
lol, says who, the cops? Here's an idea, just leave the fucking cameras on and you wont have to re-plant drugs to prove you found them the first time.

You are living with this idea that cops want to make as many arrests as possible. The only reason a cop would ever show up on your doorstep is because your neighbor or someone called. It's just not worth it to them to go snooping around.

We are going to have to agree to disagree, because you have never seen it, therefore it obviously doesn't exist.

How much more expensive could it really be to just have video and audio recording constantly?

Probably a lot. You will need batteries that can run the camera the whole day and the video has to be live streamed back to a central server. Take this times 30,000+ cops (NYC) and it's a challenge.

What pisses me off isn't even that there are pieces of shit cops that put innocent men and women in jail. What pisses me off is the other "good" cops that bitch and whine about how this shit makes their lives harder.

Cry me a fucking river.

If you really wanted to not make your job harder, then do away with the blue wall and immediately go after those "few" bad apples. Don't defend them, don't keep quiet, don't bring up the "we are endangering ourselves every day for you" excuse. Cops have made their own negative reputation. How about instead you do what's good and fair and make it so that our first instinct is to believe you, rather than doubt you? There have been far too many examples out there where a corrupt cop is clearly doing something and others keep quiet or still do everything they can do defend them. Or they just get placed in "administrative leave" and they only end up fired or simply put in another position to minimize punishment. Fuck. That.

That's why I never understood why internal affairs is part of the police department. How can that be effective? Internal Affairs should be a separate agency that polices the police. They have full authority to investigate and arrest police officers.

Yeah the central storage, access and retrieval is a problem for most municipalities. We are a few years out at best before a 1080p 30fps stream is well within affordable flash storage. That's about 500gigs of data using h.264. Bump them to h.265 and something of comparable size to whats on the market now will have more than enough storage for sub $100 parts cost.

But taking my town as an example, They have 28 officers. Something like 18 of them are working any 12 hour shift. That would be something like 15TB a day of storage to cover them. So for your 3 year window, that' like 16 petabytes or something insane.

Cry me a fucking river.

It's funny. I used to generally respect the force here in Chicago, but ever since the Laquan McDonald shooting, it's has become clear that there is little distinction in terms of how organized gangs operate, and how the police force operates.

There's much mention in the streets about how the CPD is actually the largest street gang in Chicago, and I can see how those lines have become blurred.

The percentage of cases being cleared has dropped sharply since that McDonald incident. Just as 'snitches get stitches' on the streets, CPD seems to operate under a similar standard. If accountability is stopping you from doing the job you signed up for, get the hell out. At least the folks actually not being knuckleheads on the street have a fear of repercussion when they talk to the police. Individuals on the force not need worry about that. Maybe some paid leave, and perhaps transfer out to some suburban district. The DA will have you covered, too.

We recently tried reporting a hit and run at the local PD, and the attitude of the cops on duty was cavalier, to say the least. Anecdotal, of course, but it does seem to be an indication of a bigger malaise.

There's no leniency when it comes to dealing with the "bad apples" on the streets. Why are cops held to a different standard? The job is tough, but regardless of what some might have heard, it is hard for people trying to get by, too. Does that excuse anyone? No. Hold everyone to the same standard.

That's why I never understood why internal affairs is part of the police department. How can that be effective? Internal Affairs should be a separate agency that polices the police. They have full authority to investigate and arrest police officers.

Agreed. Then think about prosecutors and judges, who actively polices them? In several places that I have lived, most sheriff offices don't even have an IA dept, and complaints typically go the sheriff himself.

"Appealing to extremes" fallacy

If only the extremes were uncommon. Happens pretty often where cops go to wrong address and end up causing grave harm to the family that lives there.

If you really wanted to not make your job harder, then do away with the blue wall and immediately go after those "few" bad apples. Don't defend them, don't keep quiet, don't bring up the "we are endangering ourselves every day for you" excuse. Cops have made their own negative reputation. How about instead you do what's good and fair and make it so that our first instinct is to believe you, rather than doubt you?
Yeah, that totally won't get you killed.

What, as a cop? Then you're saying there's a far greater issue with them if denouncing and going after those "bad apples" will get you killed.
Yeah, no shit. Why do you think good cops stay silent?

Yeah, no shit. Why do you think good cops stay silent?

Still an excuse. If they so do fear being killed by the bad cops, then they have no business being cops. Otherwise they're just complicit in the deaths and wrongful incarcerations of many innocent people. If we were talking about cops from say, Mexico, the Philippines, or even Russia, I'd be far more sympathetic to their plight because the vast majority are corrupt as all hell. But cops in the united states are placed in a pedestal and honestly, it's the country as a whole that is at fault for the police institution is as bad as it is.

If cops all throughout the country wanted to do the right things, internal affairs would be the first thing to go. It's bullshit that cops can say "I've investigated myself, and found myself to have done no wrong".

If only the extremes were uncommon. Happens pretty often where cops go to wrong address and end up causing grave harm to the family that lives there.

It doesn't though. The percentage of times cops go to the wrong house and cause grave harm compared to the number of non harm and/or correct house is statistically irrelevant. You only hear about it on TV when things go bad.

I'd like you to define "pretty often".

To me "pretty often" would be somewhere between 20-30% of the time. Not half the time, not infrequently, but "pretty often."

I'd like you to define "pretty often".

To me "pretty often" would be somewhere between 20-30% of the time. Not half the time, not infrequently, but "pretty often."
I mean breakin into people's house and shooting them 20-30% of the time would be ludicrous. We wouldn't still have a police force.

That's a fuckin stupid litmus test. They do it regularly however. I guess we should hope they do it 20% of the time so you care though. Also look into the Jeremy Mardis case.
http://www.myajc.com/news/local-gov...shooting-east-atlanta/6tPHl5j8QQgIKhiVzRiMHJ/

I mean breakin into people's house and shooting them 20-30% of the time would be ludicrous. We wouldn't still have a police force.

That's a fuckin stupid litmus test. They do it regularly however. I guess we should hope they do it 20% of the time so you care though. Also look into the Jeremy Mardis case.
http://www.myajc.com/news/local-gov...shooting-east-atlanta/6tPHl5j8QQgIKhiVzRiMHJ/
It was a pretty fuckin stupid statement. Claiming the police show up to the wrong address and cause grave harm pretty often is ludicrous, we wouldn't have a police force if that were true.

Take those 34 cases, and their sentences, combine them. Now, wait for the other 120 some odd cases to get reviewed and tossed out. Take all those combined sentences and divide them equally amongst the officers involved in this bullshit.

That would be justice. Would be sweet to see about 500 years worth of sentence divided up between 3-5 officers.

If you read the article, the police were given the wrong location by the dispatcher (who took the call from a neighbor...see my above post). It's really no different than if someone tells you something at work that is wrong, you act accordingly, and then people try to blame you for the mistake. The only difference is that police have a very specific job to do, and they were investigating a felony burglary with the wrong information.

I am glad he got busted. That is some gay ass shit right there! It's horrible that he affected so many that may actually be innocent of his evil crusade to make himself look good.
"Gay ass shit"? What decade are we currently living in where people still use terminology like this? What I find even more disconcerting is that [H]ardOCP has no problem with use of archaic and unacceptable terminology, and I quote "no safe space here".

Edit: You know I looked at the [H]ardForum rules and it appears to be a clear violation of the very first rule, but I guess you can ignore you own rules if the post fits your agenda.

Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm

Last edited:
"Gay ass shit"? What decade are we currently living in where people still use terminology like this? What I find even more disconcerting is that [H]ardOCP has no problem with use of archaic and unacceptable terminology, and I quote "no safe space here".

What in the hell?

Not sure if serious or SJW...

Safe spaces? In a thread about a cop that got busted by his own camera planting evidence evidently. What I would be concerned about is the sheer amount of climate change deniers and Trump supporters here...

Back