34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

How is lg as a brand? I have never owned any of their products.

Most people don't realize that LG created the current TV flatscreen tech and get's a kickback from every flatscreen LCD TV sold no matter who the manufacturer is.

Also they are one of major panel makers in the world that supplies them for resellers, I think only samsung makes more, but someone can correct me on that.

Fry's has the 34UM95 for $1000. I just bought one. Looks great and the deal was too good to pass up.

Proof

Edit,... not exactly a hot deal, but $500 less than amazon was good enough for me and I needed a monitor.

Last edited:
I can't understand why the Korean Ebay stores have them at over 1300+....I want this monitor but I' not paying over 999.99.

They will once they realize everyone else will sell at the msrp. They just slow at doing it because they know they can pull in some more profit before that happens. Once supply is up and running at full speed they'll change their pricing.

Shame on Newegg for price gouging.

Reputable sellers dont pull crap like this.

The newegg I once knew and loved is long dead.

just got this monitor
words can't explain this experience.....
anyone has calibrator settings for this?

Can u post some pics/clips? Maybe a game?

only game i really play is FF14 atm
nSEmjIZ.jpg

Can be used with a PS3?

Console Gamer Be Gone! :mad:

Just kidding. Maybe. :D

I would think it would but like with pc games it would be game dependent I guess. Some games support the res some don't.

Can be used with a PS3?

I cannot remember the video setting on my old PS3 but my PS4 works with it great. If you have the PS4 video settings to "auto" then it streches to fill but you can manually set it to 1920 and have the proper aspect ratio with black bars on the side. The games that don't display in 1920 will adjust just fine.

Is anyone here Thunderbolt savvy?

I've got to find out if the ports on this thing really are a "Thunderbolt dock". Intel said yes but I really need to know. Im at work now and cannot find out until later tonight....

If I use my regular displayport for my PC input and Thunderbolt for my MacBook Pro input, then use the USB uplink to my PC and plug in my mouse and keyboard to the USB "in" on the back, couldnt I just use one keyboard and one mouse for BOTH computers? Ive already played around with switching inputs via the joystick and it works fine. What I'm trying to do is avoid using a big, ugly Geffin KVM switch. If Thunderbolt docks can do this, couldnt this display? Thunderbolt carries both PCI data and high rez video. Isnt there a real controller back there? It cant just be a "pass through" right?

Is anyone here Thunderbolt savvy?

I've got to find out if the ports on this thing really are a "Thunderbolt dock". Intel said yes but I really need to know. Im at work now and cannot find out until later tonight....

If I use my regular displayport for my PC input and Thunderbolt for my MacBook Pro input, then use the USB uplink to my PC and plug in my mouse and keyboard to the USB "in" on the back, couldnt I just use one keyboard and one mouse for BOTH computers? Ive already played around with switching inputs via the joystick and it works fine. What I'm trying to do is avoid using a big, ugly Geffin KVM switch. If Thunderbolt docks can do this, couldnt this display? Thunderbolt carries both PCI data and high rez video. Isnt there a real controller back there? It cant just be a "pass through" right?

Thunderbolt can daisy chain, but I don't think you can send the USB data through it.

I forgot about Titanfall! Changed the FOV to 90 and this game is beautiful. Everything set on high and with my 780 it holds pretty close to 60fps all the time...

Titan.png~original

Titan2.png~original

So I ended up picking one up at frys.
Hooked it up started to test out some games on it and found a dead pixel in the lower mid :(
you can only see it with a really dark or black screen.

Real bummer.

If anyone has request for a game I will see what I can come up with, I have a pretty big library.

OK so I hooked up both my MacBook Pro and my PC. The back I/O is infact a full KVM / Thunderbolt dock or switch or whatever you want to call it. The uplink USB go's to my PC, the keyboard and mouse plug into my monitor, and my Mac plugs into Thunderbolt port closet to the USB hub. My God it just works FLAWLESSLY. All I have to do is switch between inputs on the displays menu and its done!!

Just in case someone want to hook up two different machines, your good to go!!:D

Hooked it up started to test out some games on it and found a dead pixel in the lower mid :(

Real bummer.

If anyone has request for a game I will see what I can come up with, I have a pretty big library.

If you can post pics from FSX or Prepar3d youi'll make this waiting man a very happy one...still 2 days until I receive mine.

OK so I hooked up both my MacBook Pro and my PC. The back I/O is infact a full KVM / Thunderbolt dock or switch or whatever you want to call it. The uplink USB go's to my PC, the keyboard and mouse plug into my monitor, and my Mac plugs into Thunderbolt port closet to the USB hub. My God it just works FLAWLESSLY. All I have to do is switch between inputs on the displays menu and its done!!

Just in case someone want to hook up two different machines, your good to go!!:D

Huh... As a Mac and PC user, that is pretty cool.

From what I've read, you can use both machines (PC, MAC, DVD etc.) at the same time on this monitor:

DUAL LINK-UP
The Dual Link-up feature allows two devices to be displayed simultaneously on a single screen. With the monitor, you can connect and watch a movie from a Blu-ray player while working on an Excel spreadsheet from your PC.

All hooked up here and it honestly had pretty amazing color and RGB out of the box. Im using the color on the photo setting as it seems most correct to my eye. I DO have a couple of quick questions and observations for those that have this display now

1- There is a setting for response time int the menu system - Off -Low -Med- high what the hell should it be on for the best input response time? Does High mean highly responsive, or the is that the worst setting? off? Pretty confusing setting to have.

2- Im using this with my U3011 as an extended desktop now and Im irritated that booting and screen size settings seem to hop over to the U3011 that I have hooked up with DVI. Any way to fix this? Ive set the UM95 as my focus display in Nvidia settings

3- This thing is maybe the perfect display that I have been seeking for 20 years. honestly better than 4K right now and into the foreseeable future. When they have a 21:9 4K type display around 36", wake me up.

4- I was a bit surprised that it shipped with no protective film over the screen... just the foam bag it came out off.

5- Manual pretty much blows

6- I have win 8.1 pro fully updated and my system DID NOT recognize the TUSB4310 boot device. I have to dig on Texas Instruments site for a 64bit driver from 2011 that is the most recent. After installing it is good to goo. I find this odd to say the least.

Overall if you are even remotely on the fence with this display, get off and go buy it. I came from the last 5 years on a Dell U3011 and I miss nothing from it at all. The AG coating on the LG is phenominal and appears glossyish without the glare. And for anyone keeping score, LG displays have always been superior to Samsung one. People from the mac community with recognize that right away.

Great to hear your impressions compared to the U3011.
I'm looking to build my Haswell-E workstation with this monitor in mind.

any of you guys that upgraded from their u3011's want to give me a good deal on it? I want to go 3xu3011. Already have 2 just nee that third one.

pm me.

Thanks

I'm also tempted to get one of these 21:9's

All hooked up here and it honestly had pretty amazing color and RGB out of the box. Im using the color on the photo setting as it seems most correct to my eye. I DO have a couple of quick questions and observations for those that have this display now

1- There is a setting for response time int the menu system - Off -Low -Med- high what the hell should it be on for the best input response time? Does High mean highly responsive, or the is that the worst setting? off? Pretty confusing setting to have.

2- Im using this with my U3011 as an extended desktop now and Im irritated that booting and screen size settings seem to hop over to the U3011 that I have hooked up with DVI. Any way to fix this? Ive set the UM95 as my focus display in Nvidia settings

3- This thing is maybe the perfect display that I have been seeking for 20 years. honestly better than 4K right now and into the foreseeable future. When they have a 21:9 4K type display around 36", wake me up.

4- I was a bit surprised that it shipped with no protective film over the screen... just the foam bag it came out off.

5- Manual pretty much blows

6- I have win 8.1 pro fully updated and my system DID NOT recognize the TUSB4310 boot device. I have to dig on Texas Instruments site for a 64bit driver from 2011 that is the most recent. After installing it is good to goo. I find this odd to say the least.

Overall if you are even remotely on the fence with this display, get off and go buy it. I came from the last 5 years on a Dell U3011 and I miss nothing from it at all. The AG coating on the LG is phenominal and appears glossyish without the glare. And for anyone keeping score, LG displays have always been superior to Samsung one. People from the mac community with recognize that right away.

Could you please link me the driver you used for your TUSB4310 boot device? I'm in the same boat but have not been able to find a working driver at all. The Ti site only seems to have drivers for ARM processors?

How is the backlight bleeding and screen uniformity? That's my one worry with these 21:9 displays, although the 29" ones were generally not too bad according to reviews.

I want mine already. Can't wait until Thurs.:D

Titanfall is one ugly game. Aren't they supposed to release a hi-res texture pack or something like that for it?

From what I've read, you can use both machines (PC, MAC, DVD etc.) at the same time on this monitor:

Yes, thats a great feature as well but what I'm getting at is this back I/O is actually a full fledged KVM switch and Thunderbolt dock. The Thunderbolt cable carries all the USB data over the cable as well as the display video and sound. I thought we neede a seperate controller for that but it's built in.

The thing with split screen is great but those dual link-up units use their own I/O such as remotes or whatever....and I wanted fullscreen access when I switch back and fourth.This combines one keyboard and one mouse flawlessly to work with two computers and only one cord for the mac, over Thunderbolt. This even works SOOO much smoother than my Geffin $350.00 displayport switch I bought a couple of years ago. Anyone need it? 50 bucks...lol, but seriously..50 bucks.:p

Now to get this to work with the USB uplink to a PC, you will need to go to LG's website and download the ASMEDIA USB hub controller. Otherwise your PC will have a total tantrum and eventually dis-own all the USB ports on the thing and your left with no input device. >>> http://www.lg.com/ae/support-product/lg-34UM95

Click "software update" and it's there...along with all the other drivers you'll need. True color finder, ect..

Cool beans. This display is what I've wanted for MANY years!! I'm in God's country !

Real bummer.

Sorry to hear you got a dead pixel. Will Frys let you exchange it?

Any chance you could post screens of any of the following games?

ArmA 3, Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Rising Storm/ Red Orchestra 2, etc...

Actually I'd be happy to see screenshots of anything. Keep em coming fellas. :)

I had to look this up in the manual as well to find out what the answer was for this. Here is what the manual says:

Sets a response time for displayed pictures based on the speed of the screen. For a normal environment, it is recommended that you use Middle. For a fast-moving picture, it is recommended that you use high. Setting to High may cause image sticking.

So while still confusing, this description is for all kind of inputs, not just PC so I would imagine you would want it set to High.

EDIT: I just looked at it again and I honestly have no clue what we should set this too. Maybe high, maybe low haha.

Could you please link me the driver you used for your TUSB4310 boot device? I'm in the same boat but have not been able to find a working driver at all. The Ti site only seems to have drivers for ARM processors?

All the drivers you need should have been included with the CD's that came with the monitor. The automated install.exe did not work for me so I had to follow the manual route of getting the USB driver to work. The CD also has instructions on how to do a manual update of the drivers if you do not know how. If that doesn't work, it was just linked above: http://www.lg.com/ae/support-product/lg-34UM95. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
ARMA 3

E1E737FC47975D665D761D29C098D46410DAD3F3

DAYZ SA

2048x864.resizedimage

I will load some more up later today.
@mihaieu Sadly I have no flight sims. I could DL war thunder?

I am pretty sure frys will trade it as long as they have some in. They have this new 30 day return policy.

@ Blak0ut: Thx man, you dont have too :) (flight sims are a niche afterall).. I'll post some screens in Prepar3d once I get my monitor.

Back