32 inch 2560x1440 monitors

mlcarson

Limp Gawd
Why aren't there any G-sync 32 inch 2560x1440 monitors? There are a couple freesync in this size but I've found nothing in G-sync. The 32 inch 2560x1440 monitor seems to be a good replacement for a 30 inch 2560x1600 monitor for general usage. To me, the 27 inch size just seems to small.

Are you sure you want 32"? 32" will be less pixel dense compared to 24" and 27" monitors. If you want big size but still have good PPI go for 4K.

You're seriously suggesting a small 24" monitor? In this day and age? 24" monitors is something your girlfriend has or your 12 year old sister. lol.

Also, hogwash on 'pixel density" who cares? 1440p on a 32" is still a pretty god damn razor sharp picture.

I have a 32" LG 1080p and I've never heard a complaint from friends / users or given a complaint.

You're seriously suggesting a small 24" monitor? In this day and age? 24" monitors is something your girlfriend has or your 12 year old sister. lol.

Also, hogwash on 'pixel density" who cares? 1440p on a 32" is still a pretty god damn razor sharp picture.

I have a 32" LG 1080p and I've never heard a complaint from friends / users or given a complaint.
I was comparing them, not suggesting them. I said if he wants 24" 1440p pixel density on a big screen 4K is the only way to go. 32" 4K is actually higher than 24" 1440p (123ppi vs 133 ppi)

No need to get all salty about it.

If you don't value high density I guess you don't need that 400 ppi smartphone with 1440p on a 5" screen? ask the smartphone companies why they are cramming 2k and 4k on 5" screens? now that I can agree is pointless.

Last edited:
Are you sure you want 32"? 32" will be less pixel dense compared to 24" and 27" monitors. If you want big size but still have good PPI go for 4K.

I was comparing them, not suggesting them. I said if he wants 24" 1440p pixel density on a big screen 4K is the only way to go. 32" 4K is actually higher than 24" 1440p (123ppi vs 133 ppi)

No need to get all salty about it.

If you don't value high density I guess you don't need that 400 ppi smartphone with 1440p on a 5" screen? ask the smartphone companies why they are cramming 2k and 4k on 5" screens? now that I can agree is pointless.

What you don't seem to understand is that Windows scaling is complete garbage, which makes high PPI in Windows pointless. Windows scaling makes lots of stuff look like blurry crap. The sizes of things end up all messed up. It also negates the screen real estate advantages of higher resolutions. 32" 1440p is great because it's readable and you can take full advantage of the added screen real estate of 1440p without having to scale. I have a BenQ BL3200PT and like it much more than 27" 1440p monitors I've used, which are borderline unusable without scaling. And 4K at most sizes is way too pixel dense to be usable without scaling.

My X1 Carbon has a 14" 1440p super high PPI display. Can tell you from lots of experience with it that scaling sucks shit.

Maybe if one day Windows scaling improves to what is in OSX (or smartphone/tablet OSs), high DPI displays for Windows will make sense. With Windows in its current form where the scaling totally sucks ass, 32" 1440p makes the most sense. Also, lol at anyone still recommending puny 24" monitors in 2017.

Like the OP, I would also like a high refresh rate 32" 1440p monitor with gsync. Would happily snag one up and keep the BenQ as a second monitor.

Last edited:
What you don't seem to understand is that Windows scaling is complete garbage, which makes high PPI in Windows pointless. Windows scaling makes lots of stuff look like blurry crap. The sizes of things end up all messed up. It also negates the screen real estate advantages of higher resolutions. 32" 1440p is great because it's readable and you can take full advantage of the added screen real estate of 1440p without having to scale. I have a BenQ BL3200PT and like it much more than 27" 1440p monitors I've used, which are borderline unusable without scaling. And 4K at most sizes is way too pixel dense to be usable without scaling.

My X1 Carbon has a 14" 1440p super high PPI display. Can tell you from lots of experience with it that scaling sucks shit.

Maybe if one day Windows scaling improves to what is in OSX (or smartphone/tablet OSs), high DPI displays for Windows will make sense. With Windows in its current form where the scaling totally sucks ass, 32" 1440p makes the most sense. Also, lol at anyone still recommending puny 24" monitors in 2017.

Like the OP, I would also like a high refresh rate 32" 1440p monitor with gsync. Would happily snag one up and keep the BenQ as a second monitor.

Actually scaling isn't that bad. If you’re willing to live with some quirks high PPI displays are not a bad thing. Text, games, video, images all look super sharp and you don't notice the pixels - something that really bothers me. I've used 27" 4K displays and 24" 27" 32" 1440p displays. The scaling issues are exaggerated.

After using 27" 4K (150 PPI) 27" 1440p (109 PPI) is now bare minimum for me. Anything less and the pixels really start to get visible.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no issue with the pixel density of the 32" 1080p TV I'm using as a monitor for several years now. I'm not noticing the individual pixels at all unless I glue my face to it. From my normal viewing distance (about a meter or so) image looks absolutely fine, and I like how everything is nice and big and I don't have to strain my eyes. Resolution works great for gaming too, I don't need much gpu horsepower to have a good framerate. I do want to replace it with an actual PC monitor though, a 100Hz or higher one, with much lower input lag than this TV, as the difference in gaming compared to the CRT I'm using for my win98 PC is very noticable. So I'm thinking of going with a 32" 1440p 144Hz monitor or something of the sort, as there's really not much choice of 32" 1080p high refresh rate monitors and I definitely don't want to go down in size to 27". I'm hoping the new Samsung models this year will be good. Perhaps SHG50 as it's flat, the rest are curved which I have no fetish for.

I have absolutely no issue with the pixel density of the 32" 1080p TV I'm using as a monitor for several years now. I'm not noticing the individual pixels at all unless I glue my face to it. From my normal viewing distance (about a meter or so) image looks absolutely fine, and I like how everything is nice and big and I don't have to strain my eyes. Resolution works great for gaming too, I don't need much gpu horsepower to have a good framerate. I do want to replace it with an actual PC monitor though, a 100Hz or higher one, with much lower input lag than this TV, as the difference in gaming compared to the CRT I'm using for my win98 PC is very noticable. So I'm thinking of going with a 32" 1440p 144Hz monitor or something of the sort, as there's really not much choice of 32" 1080p high refresh rate monitors and I definitely don't want to go down in size to 27". I'm hoping the new Samsung models this year will be good. Perhaps SHG50 as it's flat, the rest are curved which I have no fetish for.

Well I sit 2-3ft from my 27" monitors depending on what I'm doing I also wear glasses so I can see things clearly. Far as text being too small on higher resolution screens you can increase the text size and it looks super sharp (like printed paper) on a high DPI display. Ever since I got my smartphone I was disappointed that my monitor didn't look as sharp. I use 27" 1440p 144hz for gaming and 27" 4K 60hz for browsing and reading. If you want a 32" 1440p the HP Omen is a good one, It's a 75hz VA panel.

Back