32" curved monitor + 27" non-curved?

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
Have a single freesync display for my workstation (been lazy setting it up since hte last move). Now suddenly need to have a significant amount more screen real estate - looking at the Dell s3220dgf, but not sure how a curved monitor will pair with normal flatscreen(s) to the sides - anyone done this? Weird/not-weird? How is it using a curved screen for normal work stuff AND gaming

I'm running a curved Samsung 32" CHG70 1440P 144Hz Freesync monitor as my center screen, along with two older flat 27" HP ZR2740w 1440P 60Hz monitors as my side panels. I only use the center panel for gaming, and the side panels gets used for stuff like Discord, Pandora, or even watching movies/tv shows as I game. I think the combo works pretty well. No issues with the mixed refresh rates and Freesync and even HDR still works fantastic just on the center panel.

I was not really into the idea of a curved panel when they came out. I still think that the idea of a curved TV is stupid since you sit so much farther away and people aren't always sitting right in front of the TV. But for a computer monitor, where you ARE sitting up close, and ARE always sitting right in front of the center of the screen, I've found that it actually works very well. Probably the lesser evil compared to looking at parts of your screen at dramatically different angles which would be the case up close with a large flat (non-curved) display. It's also nice because I have the side panels each turned inward to face me, and because the center monitor is curved, it's not much of an angle where the center monitor meets each side panel.

Back