3 6870s Which one for ~$150 (AR)

The XFX 6870 is a good card, but produces considerable noise.

For $169 AR you can get the ASUS EAH6870 DC, which is quieter and comes with a 3 year warranty. ASUS also honors the warranty if you are not the original owner (need proof of purchase).

Sapphire.

I've had a 4890 based on that same design and the thing is very quiet even at 50% fan.
I currently use it in my HTPC and you can't hear it.
I've had several Sapphire cards and the quality has been top notch. One broke, they replaced it without a problem.

Sapphire has pretty solid service, here in the US by a contract company.

You'll get your rebate check.

I have used XFX products and I was impressed by the quality. That being said, the small fan on that card will make it noisier/less efficient.

I own 2 similar Sapphire 6870s and they are great cards but don't expect a great overclock. They are "normal" quality which means they can break if you push them too far. Also, the fans can get noisy and the cards run warm.

Powercolor usually looks low quality to me. However, that card comes with a large fan which is nice and looks to be a decent product.

My $.02 = XFX!

The XFX dual fan is nice, but I think going with the Sapphire for $20 less ($8 shipping vs free shipping) will work fine. The sapphire card is cool and quiet.

Back