3.0 @ 3.75

EndersGame

Weaksauce
Nice and stable.... I probably could over clock it more but hell 3.75 I think is good enough...

Abit IC7-MAX3
1 gig of Corsair XMS DDR550 Ram at 3-4-4-8
Asus 9800 XT

Voltage of 1.70 for the cpu, 2.8 for the ram, 1:1 ratio, fixed PCI freq. Using a Koolance Exos, 82 F at idle, and 93 F underload, ran Prime 95 with no errors.

Bus at 250

Additional system specs are:

Dual monitors Samsung perfect flat 19'' viewable monitor.
(4) 10K RPM WD Raptor Drives Raid 0
(1) Maxtor 200 gig storage 7,200 RPM ATA133 Drive
(1) External 40 gig drive
(1) Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feed back 2 joystick
(1) Microsoft Optical Elite Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

So do you guys think that I should be happy with 3.75? I believe so....

Nice overclock...try for 4 gigs. The 3.0C I am running will boot into windows at 4Gs but it locks after some prime95.

Nice overclock. What stepping is it? 1.7 volts is a little high for my tastes, but if it's worth the risk to you, then awesome. :)

I'm gonna bet you have the SL6WK stepping right? I've got the same CPU, and some King's HypX PC4000 on the way. I was hoping to do the same thing as you. I hear the HyperX doesn't like to go far beyond it's rated speeds, but if I get 3.75 stable, I'll be fine.

Also, are you using water setup?

Originally posted by Jimmers
I'm gonna bet you have the SL6WK stepping right? I've got the same CPU, and some King's HypX PC4000 on the way. I was hoping to do the same thing as you. I hear the HyperX doesn't like to go far beyond it's rated speeds, but if I get 3.75 stable, I'll be fine.

Also, are you using water setup?

He said he was using a Koolance Exos in his post. And I'll bet it's that stepping, people have been getting awesome overclocks out of that... Makes me want to get one :p

I've got an SL6WU and i'm using the intel HSF I order a zalman 7000Cu gonna try for 3.75. It should get here tomorrow. I'm gonna try to break 4Ghz when I got watercooling in a few months.

With that memory you should try tighter timings since you are only running 250FSB. I have the PC4000 and it runs 2.5-4-4-7 at 260MHz.

Pansy, OC it more.

He called u a w00s... are you going to stand for that???!!! OC that biyatch!!!...lol :)

Btw, "Ender's Game" is the greatest book. Ever.

I thought that was just a short story I read in a Sci-Fi mag years back, is there a book?

Originally posted by Evil Scooter
He called u a w00s... are you going to stand for that???!!! OC that biyatch!!!...lol :)

I thought that was just a short story I read in a Sci-Fi mag years back, is there a book?

Yes. The book is amazing. There is actually a whole series, but Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow are my favorites.

He called u a w00s... are you going to stand for that???!!!

i think he is. man push that thing to its limits

There is four actual book that goes in order like a series. Ender Games, Speaker for the dead, Xenocide, .... and I cant remember the last one.

The Shadows books or like reflection or behind the mind sorta thing or something?

I suprise that we are actually talking about books in the overclocking forum :)

Originally posted by EndersGame
So do you guys think that I should be happy with 3.75? I believe so....

if you know you can do more, definitely not, of course! push that sucker!

o and yeah ender's game kicks ass. i didn't think the other ones were as good, but i think that happens with most sequels unless you haven't seen the original (cause it isn't original anymore)

and it does kind of relate to overclocking, i.e. it is science fiction, and overclocking is a science (or maybe not, but bear with me) so they are related! tada!

This post brought to you by Sleep Deprivation! Buy yours today!

my 3.0c can do 3.7ghz @ default vcore

prod code: bx80532pg3000dsl78z
mm#: 857928
fpo/batch#: l349b067
pack date: 02/05/04
malaysia

check this out

Back