2x2 DP 1.4 144Hz 2K switch recommendation?

1_rick

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone have recommendations for a good one? A single KVM would be nice, but I could live with separate video and keyboard/mouse switches. Needs 144Hz@2K on both monitors, though. I've seen several links to this https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B09STVW821, including on their own website, but 25% of ratings are 1 or 2 stars, and the problems people report are pretty nasty: it's not consistent about passing EDID, so windows will bounce around when switching, sometimes it has a really long switching time (but mostly on Mac, apparently), it has a really loud beep when switching that you can't disable, the USB2 ports for keyboard & mouse are missing all sorts of functionality, etc.

I've got a decent 1x2 KMP switch now, but it's over a year old and starting to flake out...and it's really annoying because I only have the second monitor on one computer, and since it's not a KVM, I have to manually sleep one computer before using the next (at the time I got it I couldn't find a KVM with DP.)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to a KVM, only go with the brands that make 16-port and larger models--those guys actually know what they're doing. And buy direct or from a legit place. Those two things will keep you from getting hot garbage. Now, they won't be the cheapest, but my oldest kvm is a cybex model from 1995 and is still going strong. Quality definitely lasts. (y)

Back