2nd defective replacement phone from Verizon

apple2gs

Mr. No-Photon
They keep sending me defective replacement phones which don't actually work.
about 2-weeks ago my speaker on my Lg ally stopped working. I could use the speaker phone, but I couldn't use the ear speaker. Every Replacement phone they send me has some sort of problem with it. Is their anything I can do to make sure I get a working phone this time?

Not really, because Verizon has virtually nothing to do with the RMA process. It's up to the phone manufacturer to replace the phone and it's usually a "certified" refurbished unit. At least that's how Motorola has been with the Droids I've seen people RMA.

Sometimes though, you'll get a Verizon rep/manager that actually cares enough to break policy and replace the phone with a new unit in store, so that would be your best route if they're nice enough. My friend had to go through 2 refurbished Moto Droids before he got one that didn't have an issue with it (original phone had random reboots, 2nd had a busted BT/WiFi radio, 3rd had busted cellular radio) and our Verizon store here refused to give him a new one. But I've seen people on other Android forums I go to have Verizon pity them enough to give them a new phone or even upgrade them to a newer/better phone for the hassle.

Hope this helps ;).

"Lemon law". Third time and they have to legally give you a different phone, probably - depending what state you live in?

Tell them you want a Fascinate, you deserve it after wasting hours of your time, lost income due to clients being unable to reach you, suffering, etc...

"Lemon law". Third time and they have to legally give you a different phone, probably - depending what state you live in?

Tell them you want a Fascinate, you deserve it after wasting hours of your time, lost income due to clients being unable to reach you, suffering, etc...

...?

Notice the date of the posts above yours. Why did you bump this?

Regardless, I'm pretty sure there's not a "law" (or even a rule/term) where they have to replace your phone with a different/new one after so many returns. I have seen several threads from other people where they went through as much as 7 replacements before they got one that works. If you have Genmay access, I think one someone in there recently had this happen. This happens because manufacturers keeping giving them refurbs without extensively testing them.

But as I said above, I've read other threads where someone got an upgrade to a new/better phone due to their replacements being defective. I think it's all dependent on who you talk to at Verizon and how nice they're feeling that day .

It's LG. Not surprised there are defects.

hey my last 4 phones were lg none of them had any issues hell my 3rd is still working fine with someone else if i still had my first 2 they would probably still be working too...

I have had seen more bad Motorola phones than lg... and if LG's smart phones that verizon carried didnt reek of suck i would have got an lg for my 5th phone...

hey my last 4 phones were lg none of them had any issues hell my 3rd is still working fine with someone else if i still had my first 2 they would probably still be working too...

I have had seen more bad Motorola phones than lg... and if LG's smart phones that verizon carried didnt reek of suck i would have got an lg for my 5th phone...

I've technically had at least 3 LG phones just pretty much break on me, and easily I might add.

I had the same time with my Droid 2 Global, im on my 2nd or 3rd replacement (ive lost track), all of them have had some sort of annoying issue or issue that prevents it from functioning correctly.

On the note of LG phones, my only experience with them was awful

Back