290/290x availability thread

$500 290's and don't you guys have crazy expensive power through most of europe?

Yes, it's more expensive than the US by quitea bit n most places. Hence the comparative lack of mining.

That's 500 dollar NON REFERENCE 290s, with a 20% tax inclusive of price... (in fact, VAT varies from 19 - 23% across Europe).

Mining craze hasn't affected Europe as much as US at all. BF4 edition Windforce 290s available here for 372 euro or less. That's with a 19% VAT applied at sale price (tax).
Any link on that? I paid 430€ for it (in Italy). :eek:

MSI Gaming 290 @ $469.

SHIPS IN 3 TO 5 WEEKS

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-R9-290-GA...ie=UTF8&qid=1389380283&sr=1-2&keywords=r9+290

This listing is at least 24 hours old, sorry for being slow.
Only found it posted in 1 place. :/

I bit too...
Saw that earlier on today. Was debating. I've seen these at my local Microcenter, for the same price, about three weeks ago, but not since... And I can't really have a buyers remorse, as I'm sure I'll be able to re-sell it for the same or more $$$ down the road...:rolleyes:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I wish the Asus DirectCUII cards would hurry up...if they debut for a reasonable price, that would be great. To hell with all this $699 garbage.

I found them available to order @MSRP $579.00 here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HSY1TBK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are not in stock yet. but I have not seen them available anywhere else to order. I hope I get mine soon. The delivery date seem pretty far off.

MSRP for the DirectCU II 290X is $570 according to [H]. Amazon has it for $580. Can't really complain considering the inflated prices elsewhere.

The ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II OC video card will be selling for $569.99 in January.

MSRP for the DirectCU II 290X is $570 according to [H]. Amazon has it for $580. Can't really complain considering the inflated prices elsewhere.

I guess I got too excited when I saw 290X's for under $600. Either way I have 2 of them incoming.

out of stock but still that price...tempted to order. If this was the 290 at only 10 over MSRP I'd jump on it.

EDIT: oh you did mention they are not in stock yet

Last edited:
A new shipment must have come in, or pricing is slowly coming down. Newegg has a BF4 edition 290X for $589 now lol.

NewEgg prices droped about $10 per R9xxx, first time the price has -dropped- since the cards were first released.

Still awaiting the store-arrival of Asus/Sapphire/XFX non-reference designs. 10 weeks and counting since the release, and prices still in the stratosphere.

NewEgg prices droped about $10 per R9xxx, first time the price has -dropped- since the cards were first released.

Still awaiting the store-arrival of Asus/Sapphire/XFX non-reference designs. 10 weeks and counting since the release, and prices still in the stratosphere.
Not across the board, there was always one or two 290's for $499. Now there's maybe 1 or 2 more at that price, a bunch are still $529.99 which is where they have been for a while.

Not sure about the 290x.

FYI, provantage inventory system is not accurate. I have had two friends with orders from them in december and their site reported as in-stock. One guy, they strung him along for 3 weeks then cancelled his order.

The other friend, they said they only had 1 card for his order of 8, they charged his cc, then did not ship the card. He asked to cancel his order, they agreed. Then, they ship the card and charge his CC for 1 card. It took them about a month for this to occur.

MAJOR fail.
Lesson: Do not trust provantage inventory system, be prepared to get a run-around and long delays on shipping.

I've been buying from Newegg since they first went online in 2001 and spend thousands of dollars every year there. In that time they've always done right by me (RMAs, exchanges, coupons, price drops 1 day after purchase, fast shipping, etc), but this AMD GPU inflation is the first time I can honestly say I'm disgusted by them. On the other hand, they are in business to make money. It just saddens me because I've always been an early adopter of computer tech, usually getting the top-tier GPU on day 1 from them and they never charged over MSRP (remember the $380 5870?). If miners are still paying outrageous prices, so be it. I'll wait for MSRP, thanks.

I've been buying from Newegg since they first went online in 2001 and spend thousands of dollars every year there. In that time they've always done right by me (RMAs, exchanges, coupons, price drops 1 day after purchase, fast shipping, etc), but this AMD GPU inflation is the first time I can honestly say I'm disgusted by them. On the other hand, they are in business to make money. It just saddens me because I've always been an early adopter of computer tech, usually getting the top-tier GPU on day 1 from them and they never charged over MSRP (remember the $380 5870?). If miners are still paying outrageous prices, so be it. I'll wait for MSRP, thanks.

Hear, hear!!!

I wonder when Amazon will sell the DirectCUII Asus 290x? I have an Amazon gift card that would help to ameliorate the price hik. I've really had it with the price though - hell, unless I can guarantee a major ROI mining one of these things, its really hard to pull the trigger. Why can't they just sell them for even $600 and be done with it?

I wonder when Amazon will sell the DirectCUII Asus 290x? I have an Amazon gift card that would help to ameliorate the price hik. I've really had it with the price though - hell, unless I can guarantee a major ROI mining one of these things, its really hard to pull the trigger. Why can't they just sell them for even $600 and be done with it?

They have it listed, out of stock and no ETA: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ls_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=hardfocom-20

Good news is the price is only $10 over MSRP.

Really want a few DC2 290x cards, but not at that price even factoring mining.

Grrr...

Just contacted SabrePC, their visiontek r9 290 cards are supposed to arrive next week, shipping 1 - 2 days after that. I have two on the way for $390 each.
Ordered late december (posted a thread in hot deals....)

I plan to sell one of them . Or mine with it

They have it listed, out of stock and no ETA: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ls_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=hardfocom-20

Good news is the price is only $10 over MSRP.

Sweet, thanks for the link. It wasn't there when I was searching! I'll order and lock in that price - that's what it SHOULD cost, plus my 250 Amazon gift card makes it a fantastic deal. Strange, even though I'm Prime it only lists "standard" shipping. Maybe that will change later; I was hoping to $3.99 overnight the thing when it is ready to ship!

Sweet, thanks for the link. It wasn't there when I was searching! I'll order and lock in that price - that's what it SHOULD cost, plus my 250 Amazon gift card makes it a fantastic deal. Strange, even though I'm Prime it only lists "standard" shipping. Maybe that will change later; I was hoping to $3.99 overnight the thing when it is ready to ship!

I noticed the same weird shipping options. I hope I can switch it once Amazon gets some stock. I was really hoping for a couple reviews of the MSI cards just for another option.

Last edited:
Back