27Q Crossover vs. Q270 Catleap Yamakasi

pwspong

n00b
Need help deciding which one to pull the trigger on buying.

I have read that the crossover is the best quality of these korean monitors but have also heard that the Catleap can be overclocked. I don't know if you need a specific version to OC the Yamakasi but I am not willing to spend 800+ for the Extreme 2B OC Catleap Yamakasi (unless users on here really think it is worth $800 for the possible 120hz, to take a risk on a korean monitor that might fail, I would consider it). With that said would you go with. Also it says that the Crossover is QHD and the Q270 Yamakasi is WQHD, what is the difference? Thanks for the feedback it is greatly appreciated.

27Q Crossover

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFECT-PIX...7870?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item35bf2ce7ce

or

Q270 Yamakasi Catleap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamakasi-Q2...3453?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19d949a05d

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Keep in mind that these guys aren't HDCP compliant. This will pose issues if you are attempting to pass the monitor through a AV receiver, PS3, etc..

Neither, those cheap Korean monitors are just like throwing your money away on the lottery. If you want a cheap 1440p display, grab a Monoprice one.

Neither, those cheap Korean monitors are just like throwing your money away on the lottery. If you want a cheap 1440p display, grab a Monoprice one.

The Monoprice monitor is just a rebranded Korean monitor.
The difference isn't in the monitor quality, it's in the fact that you get to deal with a US-based company if you need support for the monitor

I've been using my Catleap for about a year now. Absolutely no issues. I replaced the stand with one from Monoprice and its perfect. I lucked out and got a matte finish screen and its been wonderful.

I also have a Catleap and have had no problems with it. Came perfect pixel even though I didn't specifically order one PP.

Only thing I'd add is that if you plan on VESA mounting it get one of the other brands, as the Catleap in particular has to be taken apart to remove the stand and access the VESA mount. None of the others that I know of require that. Mine is on an Ergotron arm.

I gotta also recommend monoprice or even microcenter just for the fact that you can return it or warranty it without hassle

Back