2700?

pavel

Gawd
I got a 2700 when Amazon had the large discount day. Did I make the right decision?
It came to $327 CAD. It was cheaper than the used processor I was looking at. I am pretty sure that cpu got sold so I had no other options with Ryzen/AMD unless I bought new - and here, the 2700X increased an additional $27 in retail price.

I know you can overclock it but if it's stock, is it a decent chip. I think it's not as good stock but I might build a 2nd system with a 8700K (used). I use Windows and Linux and although I can dual-boot, it will be convenient to not have to do that. :)

Does anyone here have a 2700 (non-X)? What do you do with it?

Only issue I have with non x chips is the lack of pbo.

I've got a 2950x and 2600x and love them both.

Your 2700 will eat the 8700k in productivity. Due to 2 more cores and being that AMD has better smt performance than Intel.

for how much they are in canada i'd say you made a good choice especially at that price.. 2700x is an amazing chip but not 100 dollars more amazing.

Been using the 2700 for awhile now, have it at 4.1ghz using PState OCing and voltage control (that OC all cores). Will do faster but voltage has to be taken way up which for me gave little gains for the effort. Put the good OCing 1700x in my HTPC machine - basically buy one CPU and update two out of it. The better Cache performance more so then the increase clock frequency helps in games (not as if Ryzen 1 had any serious issues). Great CPU!

Back