2600+ Barton multiplier locked? Plz Help!

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Well I just slapped on this huge copper monster HSF on my Barton 2600+. When I try to raise multiplier to 14, it POSTs as a 800 mhz :rolleyes: Does this mean it has a locked multiplier?

Maybe. Try to change the multiplier lower than 12 or 12.5 and raise the front side bus. Say 11x200FSB=2200mhz. Try it. Or a lower FSB depending on the memory. What do you have?

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
Well I just slapped on this huge copper monster HSF on my Barton 2600+. When I try to raise multiplier to 14, it POSTs as a 800 mhz :rolleyes: Does this mean it has a locked multiplier?
no it doesnt
why do you want such a high mult? just keep it low at 11.5 or something and up the FSB

I have Kingston HyperX PC27000 (333), how will that affect the OC, can't that be OC'd as well?

not really as you haven't increased the fsb and yes you can overclock the ram. Do like stiffy said and lower the multi and raise the fsb. This is though, where your ram will begin to hold you back.

Quite likely that your mobo doesn't acutally support 14x multipliers. Even though it is listed in the BIOS doesn't mean it will actually work. The 2600+ has an 11.5 multiplier, try 12x or even an 11x if you want to play it safe. If the frequency changes, you win!

Back