2500+ Bartons vs. 2600+ Bartons??

md262626

[H]ard|Gawd
Is the 2600+ Barton (retail) worth the extra $10.00 that Newegg
charges over the 2500+ Barton (retail)? The only difference I see is the 2600+ is stock @ 1.9 ghz compared to the 2500+ @ 1.833.

Just go with the 2400+ mobile. It's cheaper than the 2 you listed, and will likely clock higher.

Go with the 2500+ if you're dead set on those two choices...if not go with what the guy above me said.

Anyone else have any opinions out there? I'm going to build my father an AMD system. He basically does Family Tree, play DVD's, and office apps. His current system is an HP P3 500mhz and is butt slow.

Originally posted by MemoryInAGarden
Daddy might want a warranty.

Daddy definately wants a warranty but what does that have to do with the 2400+ Mobile?

Daddy definately wants a warranty but what does that have to do with the 2400+ Mobile?

LOL! I'd say get the 2500+. Do you guys know if they are still unlocked, or did AMD get smart and lock them so that you can't overclock them anymore. Reason I ask is a buddy of mine is thinking about getting a 2500+ because of my influence.

Originally posted by md262626

I'm just saying it's more tempting to go for big overclocks with the 2400+ mobile than the locked 2500+ ;)

you can get a one year warranty on oem chips for something like $5-$7 from newegg.

As far as which chip to get it is up to you. You are taking a gamble with any speed grade.

Originally posted by zupadupa
LOL! I'd say get the 2500+. Do you guys know if they are still unlocked, or did AMD get smart and lock them so that you can't overclock them anymore. Reason I ask is a buddy of mine is thinking about getting a 2500+ because of my influence.
what proc are you talking about because the 2500+ have been locked for a while now. The only unlocked chips are the mobiles.

Ah... ok that answers my question then. Any idea when they were locked? I heard something like in week 43 or later...

If you are interested in OC'ing then get that 2400+. You'll be happy.

Back