25 Free .info Domain Names

viserov

n00b
Was informed of this on another tech site, but here http://www.domainsite.com/index.php they are offering up to 25 free .info domains. I registered two and set up URL forwarding (though you can go the DNS name server route) to my actual website.

If you do this, do not enter any credit card information and make sure the "Use available credit" option is checked.

Enjoy!

this has got to be the sweetest free stuff deal I've every seen(Windows mobile comes close if I actually recieve my stuff)

viserov said:
I registered two and set up URL forwarding (though you can go the DNS name server route) to my actual website.

Enjoy!

Forgive my noob-ness, but how do you do that?

-SEAL

Once you register your domain name, you can edit its options such as DNS nameservers or URL forwarding.

mine says

trans_gif.gif
We were unable to place your order.

Unable to process items. Please contact support. To try processing your order again click the "Try Again" button.

To view or update your account click the "My Account" button.
To log out click the "Log Out" button..

any ideas on how to make it work? i checked use available funds, and agreed to their terms

Their site won't let me add my nameservers. Says they aren't registered with the registry. Wrong. I created and registered them myself, and a whois at the InterNIC site confirms that. Makes these domains pretty useless if I can't change the namservers. :rolleyes:

went to go get another one.. and now theyre a dollar :(

if you ask me - .info isnt worth a dollar... oh well at least i got one.

yeah, they are not worth a dollar, if you are going to spend a dollar you might as well spend $6 and get a .com domain

Seven said:
Their site won't let me add my nameservers. Says they aren't registered with the registry. Wrong. I created and registered them myself, and a whois at the InterNIC site confirms that. Makes these domains pretty useless if I can't change the namservers. :rolleyes:

just email them w. your nameserver and its ip, they'll add it w. in about 24hrs. I had to add 1and1's nameservers for my free account as well.

Back