24kt Yellow Gold 24" iMac

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
I've got rose gold and platinum frames here as well....getting to them shortly. Too many things on the desk, not enough room! :D

gold-imac1.jpg

gold-imac2.jpg

gold-imac3.jpg

If anyone has input on engraving (the engraving appears black over the plating), let me know. I'm going to go have some random design thrown on the lower front portion around the center (apple).

If anyone has input on engraving (the engraving appears black over the plating), let me know. I'm going to go have some random design thrown on the lower front portion around the center (apple).
have you tried laser etching?

have you tried laser etching?

That is laser etching/engraving (cermark). Ya the scroll work would be nice since you're only allowed one color (black). I've got some which could look pretty nice but I should probably get my graphics guy to put it all together in a nice layout.

and you are not wanting it to be black right? i dont know, but if you re-polish that, you may get the etching similar to those on the back of the ipod, just a different shade of the original.

and you are not wanting it to be black right? i dont know, but if you re-polish that, you may get the etching similar to those on the back of the ipod, just a different shade of the original.

No I'm fine with it being black. You are right about repolishing it though. It usually leaves a light outline of the original engraving and gives it a neat look in general. Quite a bit of work though.

Sadly I just had a look at the rose gold imac frame and I believe the clear coat they used on it ruined the finish so I've gotta send it back down. I'm crossing my fingers it's just in the clear and not the plating. Here's the stand which turned out fine:

stand1-rosegold.jpg

Back