24" Montior Arms?

HCLPfan

Gawd
So I currently have 3x19" LCD's which I'm looking to upgrade to 2x24" (taking suggestions on those too) and would like to potentially put them up on arms. I'll be freeing up some desk space switching back to 2 and would like to maybe even free up some more if possible.

However, all the arms I find are super expensive. Anyone know of a cheap place to pick up some arms? Or do they actually just cost $170+ for dual monitors?

Here is what I've been thinkin about: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994029

First, consider wall mounted arms if you have the option...I picked up 3 for s total of 80$.

Second, you may get them cheaper if you go with distinct arms for each monitor...but be vary of quality. Mine, for instance, required a lot of handiwork to get to allign properly due to not getting the holes in the wall exactly right - and even then, there was ample amounts of give in the arms themselves.

I had to painstakingly extend the holes in the arms (...you can't really redrill a hole in the wall...), using key-sized files...as well as numerous <1mm extender rings to get everything just right.

This can all be avoided if you get arms that allow you to tilt, turn and pivot(!, this, mine didn't do...) the screens at the head of the arms, though. Well most...if you don't get the hight right, you still need some extender-rings.

Anyway, with some of these things, you get what you pay for...but the space no longer taken up on your desk by monitor stands more than makes up for it, in my opinion.

A few weeks back I picked up a pair of Ergotron MX Desk Mount Arms to mount a 24" (wide) and 20" (portrait). I chose these because I'm planning on moving up to 30" soonish and the German review I read rated them highly. The Ergotron's are very well built, quality materials.

Configuration wasn't as easy to as I expected but I'm pleased with the result. They have no problem holding my current displays. My only complaint with these arms are the relation between each arm segment (degree's of freedom vs constraints) making positioning somewhat challenging for a corner desk.

Ergotron.

I have a 24" wall mounted with an Ergotron wall mount.
Installation is a snap as long as you have something solid to screw into.

stay away from the 2"4+ mounts from monoprice. I got one for the cheaps for my 245bw. It sags under the weight and doesn't quite properly grip the table. tried readjusting the back adapter plate (which you have to buy separately if needed) and I got it to level but it just kept sagging over time. You pay for what u get for. save for ergotron, thats what im doing

Back