24" 1920x1200 with sufficiently tall stand?

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Are there some 24" 1920x1200 monitors which actually have sufficiently tall stands from an ergonomic perspective?

Meaning, while working the center of the monitor is supposed to be at eye level. 100% of Dell monitors do not reach that height, and some Dell monitors don't even come close.

I bought a couple Viewsonic 27" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116578) which have awesome stands and do actually lift the monitors high enough for the center to be eye level.

Is there an equivalent for 24" without having to buy 3rd party stands?

Last edited:
Don't you think it's kind of stupid to blame manufacturers for something that is not entirely up to them? How are they supposed to know how tall your desk is?

Don't you think it's kind of stupid to blame manufacturers for something that is not entirely up to them? How are they supposed to know how tall your desk is?

It's only stupid for a midget to blame manufacturers to not be aware of the desk height for little people.

i don't know any monitors with a 1920x1280 resolution. it's either 1920x1200 or 1920x1080.

how tall is your desk? my height is 175cm and my desk is 75cm tall and the dell monitor stands are perfectly fine for me.

i don't know any monitors with a 1920x1280 resolution. it's either 1920x1200 or 1920x1080.

Yeah sorry, it's 1920x1200, was spacing out.

This is for an office setting so while the desk heights are what they are (can measure tomorrow), the people working there have different heights.

The ViewSonic monitor was really perfect, it offers a very large height adjustment range (~6"), but I found that most 24" monitors only move ~3-4", and some monitors (especially the cheap Asus ones) are not height adjustable at all.

So I guess my rephrased question is; Which 24" monitors come with a stand that offers close to 6" height adjustment?

The Benq BL2411PT has a stand tnat adjusts 130mm (5.1 inches). As a bonus, it's a very nice 1920x1200 monitor without PWM (HardOCP thread).

Of course, you can just use a nice height-adjustable monitor platform like this one by Kantek for any monitor. That one adjusts as easily as assembling Lego bricks. Been using them for years.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Meaning, while working the center of the monitor is supposed to be at eye level.

I was learned that the top of the display should be at eye height so you can see the whole screen without having to move your head upwards and thereby straining your neck muscles.

Maybe thats wrong but it's what i was learned.

I was learned that the top of the display should be at eye height so you can see the whole screen without having to move your head upwards and thereby straining your neck muscles.

Maybe thats wrong but it's what i was learned.

It's entirely possible to just move your eyes instead of your entire neck.

OSHA said:
The top of the monitor should be at or slightly below eye level. The center of the computer monitor should normally be located 15 to 20 degrees below horizontal eye level. The entire visual area of the display screen should be located so the downward viewing angle is never greater than 60 degrees...

OSHA's monitor page (caution: may load slowly)

All other ergonomic info I can find agrees with OSHA and stefanp67. Sorry, Thuleman, but you're bucking the heavily researched consensus.

Of course, you can just use a nice height-adjustable monitor platform like this one by Kantek for any monitor. That one adjusts as easily as assembling Lego bricks. Been using them for years.

Good find, thanks. It's not too flimsy when you put larger (24") monitors on it?

OSHA's monitor page (caution: may load slowly)

All other ergonomic info I can find agrees with OSHA and stefanp67. Sorry, Thuleman, but you're bucking the heavily researched consensus.

Very bizarre, we had an ergonomic assessment done by risk management and they said eye level -> center screen. I'll show them the OSHA link and find out what they have to say about it before I proceed with anything.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good find, thanks. It's not too flimsy when you put larger (24") monitors on it?

Doesn't look or feel flimsy at all. Rated for 60 pounds; my 60" LCD TV weighs about that much so I don't think any LCD monitor could possibly break it.

Yeah sorry, it's 1920x1200, was spacing out.
So I guess my rephrased question is; Which 24" monitors come with a stand that offers close to 6" height adjustment?

NEC MultiSync P242W-BK is 150mm (5.9").

-- Art

Back