$2200 boutique gaming desktop (forget laptop)

iHatePants

n00b
Alright screw the laptop. Im gonna use an external HD for shcool instead of a laptop. But I still need a computer for home to do school work on and to play games with.

$2200 CDN is all I can spend on it. Im looking at NorthWest, MainGear, and VooDoo (probably not them because of their outrageous prices), dell, etc.. I need you guys to help me here. The less I spend but the better the setup is the goal here.

I want to make sure it's upgradeable for the future aswell. Im probably not gonna get a stellar video card or processor for this budget. But I want to make sure the computer I buy will be able to handle future hardware for when I can save up for those amazing video cards.

I also want it to be able to run games like Oblivion, BF2, COD2, ETC. on atleast medium to high graphic settings.

Velocity Micro. They're not just pimped here a lot, check resellerratings. Better prices than many.

Going with a desktop broadens your choices by leaps and bounds. You'll find that you're going to get a lot more hardware for the price.

FNW, Maingear, Voodoo, sure - but Velocity Micro, Puget Systems, and ABS might also be worth a look. They're perhaps a little bit less "premium", especially when it comes to price, but they're still very good.

yeah I noticed that aswell. I seem to be able to get alot more outta my budget buying a desktop rather than buying a laptop.

Check out the recent review on ABS though as it is quite impressive value for the money.

holli4pirating said:
Why not build one yourself. It would come out at least a couple hundred dollars less.

Could be posted in *any* of the posts in here. Read the forum rules please, some of us don't want to build our own and are here for that reason.

Back