-------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temping me to upgrade just for the fun of dismantling and rebuilding. :)
Actually, I need to purchase more SSD storage so need to downgrade the power of the system to fund it.

Just curious, does it have to be a X570 board?
I have what I think is the a better board in the Aorus Master b550, due to the power phase and full speed M.2 slots at PCI-E 4.0, and wifi 6.
https://www.kitguru.net/components/...igabyte-b550-aorus-master-motherboard-review/

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550-aorus-master/p/N82E16813145217?item=N82E16813145217

I have the board with 3700X, also bought the Titan Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt expansion card
https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GC-Titan-2-0-Thunderbolt-Component/dp/B08BC11XW8

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure if it’s too high end for you but I have an x570-e gaming from Asus. I also have a b550-f gaming. Both ATX boards, I can pair a 5600x with also if that’s the CPU you’re looking for. PM me if that’s what you’re thinking :)

Thanks for the posts, I'll be going to PMs now and replying.

PS: I'm thinking I want to stick with the x570 chipset for it's pcie 4.0 and future proofing a little better than b550. I don't play any high end games, and I'm happy with 1080p. I have plans for video intensive tasks (editing and the like) , and that may include upgrading to 4k monitor and video resolution. Someday. But for now, 1080p.

I am still very green to current hardware, so if I'm wrong about the difference between the x570 and b450 I mean b550 let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts, I'll be going to PMs now and replying.

PS: I'm thinking I want to stick with the x570 chipset for it's pcie 4.0 and future proofing a little better than b550. I don't play any high end games, and I'm happy with 1080p. I have plans for video intensive tasks (editing and the like) , and that may include upgrading to 4k monitor and video resolution. Someday. But for now, 1080p.

I am still very green to current hardware, so if I'm wrong about the difference between the x570 and b450 let me know.
Just to remove confusion and since I have zero skin in this game. B550 has pcie 4.0 for both the gpu and first nvme drive. That said, the aorus listed above actually breaks out pcie 4.0 for multiple nvme slots, unlike most other boards that stick to just the one. So compared to an x570 unless you plan to run something else on your normal pcie bus that goes through the chipset (aka, a second GPU and even then 3.0 vs 4.0 for GPU won't make much difference unless your heavy gaming, or adding more than 3 nvme 4.0 drives), there is really not much difference. Either one is AM4 and likely to support the latest CPUs that ever fit this platform, so future proofing isn't really much of a thing. I don't imagine we'll have many other items besides nvme drives (and even that benefit is mostly placebo) that will benefit from pcie 4.0 anytime soon.

Now, B450, I would avoid at this point unless you get a really smashing deal.

Updated OP, check it out.

And Bumpity Bump

Last edited:
If you want, I have some extra sticks of gskill ripjaws ram. 3600MHz, CL16 DDR4. Can sell as 2 x 8gb or 4 x8gb sets.

FWIW I have way too many ryzen setups for my own good and I would recommend sticking to x470 or x570 motherboards only. b450 and b550 will work but occasionally I'll run into issues with them that are annoying.

Bump, PMs answered, and Wow, I have never seen the fs/t forum as slow as it is now. I've been away for some years, I'm used to seeing posts get booted of the 1st page in minutes there was so much activity. I wonder what gives....

Waiting to hear replies to PMs I've sent.

Getting ready to just pack this thread in and go buy new, so if you're thinking of making an offer, now would be the time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back