2006 iMac

overlord20

Gawd
Hello,

I have recently acquired a 2006 (I think) 20" iMac. The "Logic Board" has gone out and I am having trouble finding a price for one. If I could find one for pretty cheap (Doubtful) that would be awesome but I don't know the model# as of right now. This would take the place of the mac mini I was trying to acquire before.

If anyone knows where I can find one for really cheap, I would be very thankful.

Based upon what I read here and your stating that the iMac was manufactured in 2006, you have a G5 iMac. In that case I would say that it probably isn't worth your time to try and find parts to repair it.
The likely-hood of finding a separate logic board is slim and trying to find another machine to cannibalize one from is going to be expensive.

Ifixit doesn't carry it, although if it's your powersupply they do have those. Craiglist and eBay are of course other resources you can check, but I'm doubtful that you'll either find a logic board separately or a computer that is broken but doesn't have a logic board failure.

I will get it most likely around Christmas so I will do further diagnostic.

If anyone sees one for cheap.. Let me know please :D Really want to start making iPhone apps.

Last edited:
Back