200$ camera ? There is so many !

HiCZoK

Gawd
Hi guys, I am looking to get a camera. I am doing a HUNDREDS of pics with my mobile phones and smartphones for years (I am 24 btw) and I just like walking around and talking pics of everything.

Especially macro shots but superzoom is appreciated as well. Why not?

I jsut want an all around camera. Size and looks doesnt matter. I just want it to do decent macro, zoom, maybe some hd video etc... at the price of 200$ that is or less. I could spent more but I just don't feel like spending too much on a camera I would not use so much and to its full capabilities.
Manual mode is still appreciated I think.

any ideas?
Nikon L810 ?
samsung wb750 ?
(and plenty of more - those two are just from the top of my head from search over last 2 weeks)

edit: As it would be mostly for my joy and fun of using it and doing pics of EVERYTHING around me or at the way home, work etc. It could be fairly easy and have some fun to play with functions like hdr, micro mode (that makes everything look like toys), or even slow motion recording btu I understand that the price range is not right for those tasks so, don't bash my head if it is just not possible ;)

edit2: Also - I always wanted to be a enthusiast... but I know it is so hard to do. I perfected my smartphone skills but that have it's limits... looking at "picture I took" topics, I would love to go outside and start taking picstures immidietly. You know that feeling right ? ;)
Shame, I dont wan to to be a big spender at the same time. I will think about it some more, but I have other more important things to pay up ... so 200$ will prolly be it. Still - I am the type of person, who says, that even with poor gear, good pics can be taken

Last edited:
Are you looking for something more rugged and waterproof as well? Do you mind going with a used gear?

To be fair, I'd look for a good deal on a used Canon G series camera. That is, if you're patient enought to wait for one at the price that you can afford. If that's out of your price range, and if you want a new camera, I'd suggest Canon S110 (maybe S100?).

I'm not too familiar with super-zoom P&S to suggest anything.

Don't buy Nikon. Their P&S cameras aren't that great.

The Canon PowerShot SX260 might do the trick.

A few years ago I had a Fujifilm HS10 superzoom camera. It was a terrific camera for me to learn how to use, and portable enough for me to take on several trips out of country--Mexico and Canada.
There is an old updated version going for 250 at amazon and for what its worth the features included in this camera outrageous.
-30x zoom
-Macro
-1080p hd video
-slomo
-articulating lcd screen
ect...

Anyways, I have subsequently upgraded to a Nikon D5100 and the difference is night and day from the Fuji. I'm fairly certain that I will be upgrading to a FX body in the near future 9mo to a year or so....

If you are looking for a good P&S superzoom the fuji has has my seal of approval.

Edit: If you are looking to go enthusiast on the cheap then I would urge you to look through Craigs list, you can find some REALLY good used DSLR's for cheap.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i just upgraded my old canon sd630 and stupid me bought a camera without messing with it first. it was the nikon s6300 and IT SUCKED.

took it back to best try and grabbed the canon elph 110. still on sale for $129 this week. pretty darn good camera.

after the nikon i'll never stray from canon p&s again

do NOT buy a cheap nikon, as they have abysmal low-lighting [I too, had a cheaper s-series coolpix, same as blackbeasst].

Canon or Sony would be my reccomendation, unless you're adventurous and want to try some of the newer Samsung Galaxy Cam type stuff

That said, I sucked it up and shelled out the extra $$ for a Sony NEX and have never looked back. The thing is amazing.

Nikons are out, if YOu guys say so.

Still lookinga t the above stuff. s95, s100, s110 are too expensive.

Fujifilm FinePix HS25EXR is alsoa bit more expensive than I wanted but looks really good.

@Mackintire
what is 4/3 ?

edit: I think I will go for something from canon tho, like sx160is. SOmething from powershot series.
I will go shopping in a week and will get my hands on on those canon cameras and will take a peek at sony cybershot. Nikons are out. Fujifilm are good but some say their cheap models are terrible in auto mode and manual requires some knowledge.

edit: sx230 hs is also looking good. will see

Last edited:
ok I narrowed it down I think. Which one of these ?

BenQ GH600
SONY DSC-H90B
Samsung WB750
SAMSUNG WB150 (best deal. same price as the others but offer include 8gb and a bag)
CANON PowerShot SX230 hs

Back