20" LCD

jon3k

n00b
Looking for a pair of 20" LCD's (two PC's + synergy) for moderate gaming, web browsing, and a little bit of graphics work (photography + web design), and I've pretty much settled on a [P|A|S]-MVA panel, which seems to be the best compromise to handle all of the above.

I was looking at NEC specifically, and found the following two models:
LCD205WNXM
LCD2070WNX

According to:
http://www.flatpanels.dk/panels.php

...the second panel is a TN panel, and they don't have any status on the first. Is it a P-MVA panel?

Any other recommendations? I'm looking for something with _decent_ connectivity (hdmi not really necessary), usb and a good adjustments (life/title/swivel). I was expecting to pay around $400 a piece for MVA panels, am I way off? I realize the IPS in that size range are around $800 but I expected the MVA panels to be considerably cheaper.

I also looked at some EIZO's, like $800 for a 20" PVA/MVA, little rich for my blood.

Anyway, any input appreciated.

Oh and for the record these will be replacing a 19" LG (TN) and a p220fb viewsonic (I really need the desk space, don't kill me :p)

should I just go buy a pair of 2007WFPs off of ebay and be done with this mess? It seems impossible to find a MVA panel at this size.

Why did dell kill off the 2007wfp anyway? Seemed to sell like mad.

The 2007wfp is an excellent monitor for gaming. The NEC isn't as good for fast paced FPS games, but should be perfectly fine for any other kind of game.

The NEC has more hardware color correction features, which presumably add to its lag.

The 2007wfp is an excellent monitor for gaming. The NEC isn't as good for fast paced FPS games, but should be perfectly fine for any other kind of game.

The NEC has more hardware color correction features, which presumably add to its lag.

Yeah, NECs have very good on screen menus, e.g. I like the possibility to turn off overdrive in my 2690, for some games it is good.
Do you know the input-lag difference between 2007wfp and LCD2090UXI?

damn i like that site that op linke to! looks up a bunch of monitors now lol

Are you saying that the site is incorrect? Let me know, I'll shoot them an e-mail. Generally it's very accurate and I'd be pretty surprised if it was incorrect. It's also entirely possible that different revisions of the same monitor may have used different panels, I don't know.

Are you saying that the site is incorrect? Let me know, I'll shoot them an e-mail. Generally it's very accurate and I'd be pretty surprised if it was incorrect. It's also entirely possible that different revisions of the same monitor may have used different panels, I don't know.

Not incorrect, I'd say. It is because even NEC does not give always the same description, it varies according to country. Sometimes it it 8ms, sometimes 7ms or 6ms :) H-IPS or AS-IPS, 26" or 25,5" :)

Back