2 monitors and TV on eyefinity card

winuser2000

Limp Gawd
I just got my 6950 and am having problems getting my TV up as a third display. I used to have a 4850 along with a 4300 card which I was just using for the HDMI port. This worked great. Now that I have this 6950 I cannot get the 2nd card to work. I'm trying to avoid the 30 dollars on the mini display port to DVI. It just doesn't seem to work in CCC to get the TV working with the dual monitors. Should a second card work with ths 6950?

What are your connections? You'll have to use one of the display ports to run 3 monitors.

So 1 DVI, 1 DVI>HDMI, 1 DP. Or 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 DP. You can't use 2 DVI and 1 HDMI.

Or you, can run 2 DVI and 1 HDMI and program a hotkey to swap one of your screens over to the TV, you just won't be able to run all 3 at the same time.

Monitors are using DVI, TV is HDMI. So my 2nd gfx card which is only an HDMI port will not be useable?

That I don't know, shouldn't be problem. Do you have to run all three at the same time?

I used to when I had my 4850, now when I go into display properties it will just not let me activate the TV which is plugged into the 4300 HDMI port.

Could be a driver issue. My x800 card wouldn't work with any 5000 series card installed. Maybe try wiping out the drivers and reinstall them.

You need to run the 3rd+ displays using displayport. I have DVI to my main monitor. and mini displayport to displayport cables powering two other monitors and HDMI to my TV for 4 total displays. You can't have more than 2 non-DP connections.

Back