2 gigs of ram and CS:S

BigDan

Limp Gawd
Now I know that a lot of serious gamers have upgraded to 2 gigs of ram over the past couple months and that it makes bf2 run a lot faster / smoother. I never got into bf2 and play CS:S exclusively. I am wondering if anyone noticed a signifigant improvment in CS:S and if it was would be worth it for me to upgrade to 2 gigs (for the system below in my sig).

Thanks!

it wont do much unless you play on 32 man servers and up.
it will help your fps stay a little bit higher in big firefights but nothing else.
youll also be one of the first to join the map after a mapchange if that helps

edit:
just noticed your rig, nah stick with the 1 gig

later on when playing a game that uses the half life source engine with modifications like every other modification of other game engines more ram will help it load more. It will get more bloated and use more memory that is almost a guarantee.

For the computer I'm building now I want 2 gigs but for now I will start it with only 1 gig and get more when I need it.

I play on a 64 man server daily and my setup is fine! ;) Aside from BF2 and tweaking your box and OS, smaller and faster ram like mine is the best bet for good frames, etc! :D

133 said:
are you using the -heapsize command?

er, was that directed to me? No, I have no idea what it even does.

To everyone else - thanks for the replies. It looks like I will just stick w/ a gig and perhaps do 2 gigs in my next system. Thanks again.

Back