2 different hosted exchange email accounts with one outlook profile possible?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
I have a sherweb.com hosted exchange 2010 account for my business email and really like all the exchange features.

I would like to move my personal email account to exchange via its domain, not my works domain, to it as another exchange account.

Is it possible to have 2 different exchange email accounts under one outlook profile on my computer? Also the same with my windows 7 phone?

I hope this makes sense and I put it in the right forum section.

Same profile yes, it won't be merged into a single unified mailbox though so they'll be two separate mailboxes within the single profile. Have no clue about 7 phone.

Is your personal email actually an exchange email or imap or pop3? You can't have two exchange email accounts per profile but you have multiple profiles. If its an exchange account and a regular imap or pop3 account they can be on the same profile.

Is your personal email actually an exchange email or imap or pop3? You can't have two exchange email accounts per profile but you have multiple profiles. If its an exchange account and a regular imap or pop3 account they can be on the same profile.

Right now it is just an imap account for my personal, but I would like to turn it into a full exchange account.

I know this used to be the case but are you sure it still is? Pretty sure last few versions of outlook let you add multiple exchange accounts, as connecting outlook to Hotmail counts as an exchange account. There's a TechNet article that says you can add as many as 10 to outlook 2013

Outlook 2010 allows multiple exchange accounts in one profile.

Earlier versions do not.

I believe the problem is you can't save credentials. Do when you open it you generally have to type in a user and pass for one of the accounts.

My clients couldn't handle it

Wish it wasn't that case

Hmmm.... really liking the zimbra desktop over outlook at the moment.

Going to try it out for another month on my personal email before switching for my business emails.

Both Outlook 2010+ and WinPhone 7+ allow multiple Exchange accounts with saved credentials- easy peasy lemon squeezy. As simple as just adding another account.
Windows Mail on Windows 8 will also allow multiple Exchange accounts.

Back