2.6c Batch numbers

GameFreak

Limp Gawd
K, just got my 2.6c the other day but had to RMA my mobo, had a wierd power off fetish. 0.o Anyways, what have you guys figured out, if anything, about the batch numbers on P4 2.6c's? I take it newer is better, and should aim for something that is relatively new batch, right? Could others that have a 2.6c post your batch #'s and what you have gotten off of them as far as OC'ing goes?

My 2.6c:

Batch- Malaysia L341A837 ver. c30469-006
Pack date= 11/11/2003
product code last 4 digits= SL6WS

*taps foot* hope I get my mobo back soon, should be 6 business days after monday :rolleyes:

Also, I had it working for a bit before it started the whole power off thing. I was running 2.6ghz@ 14cº idle and 19cº load on stock cooling :eek: Is this common?

One more thing, with the stock cooling I took off the thermal interface and lapped the HS surface with 2000->2500 grit wet/dry sandpaper. I hate the latching mechanism on the HSF, but I got it on. When I took it off to RMA the board I noticed that the HS had scratches from the heatspreader on the processor, is this normal? Anyways, thanks for the help guys. :) Interested to see what everyone is getting as far as OC'ing these guys.

Back