2.1Ghz mobile processor running at 633Mhz,?!?

I just bough a new laptop, and i currently have it plugged into an outlet, but the processor isnt running at full speed, any ideas how to turn it on to full power? it keeps fluctuating depending on what applications i run, its very annoying during gaming...

Go into the Control Panel and look for "Power Options" or something to that effect. Mine's a Toshiba and that's where I go to adjust my power settings- ie. plugged in, on battery, playing movies, etc.

Try Bios settings, try playing around with the "Intel SpeedStep" options. I had an HP NC6000 (POS :rolleyes: ) clock a 1.6 Pentium M down to 233mhz while on battery. I know your plugged into a power outlet but it might be a setting in the BIOS.

nothing in bios settings, i have intel m centrino 2.1Ghz, i have no intel speed stepping on the pc, anyideas how to keep it running at full speed all time?

brand & model of laptop?

if all else fails, just go into power options and set yourself as being "always on"

left click the battery/plugged in icon in the system tray and pick a different power option.

setting it to "always on" in power options fixed it, cpuz confirms it and so does windows, apperantly cpuz reports it as a intel m dothan, but when the lappy starts up, on the screen it shows intel m centrino, anyone wanna explain the difference in all intel m processors, like which ones better, in descending order, i googled for it, but all i can find is intel m processor support

Setting it to portable/laptop should dynamically change the clockspeed to meet demand, IIRC

chaikovski2002 said:
setting it to "always on" in power options fixed it, cpuz confirms it and so does windows, apperantly cpuz reports it as a intel m dothan, but when the lappy starts up, on the screen it shows intel m centrino, anyone wanna explain the difference in all intel m processors, like which ones better, in descending order, i googled for it, but all i can find is intel m processor support
Dothan refers to the core version. Pentium M is pretty much the same as the Centrino.

Centrino's come in 2 core versions Banias which is the older cores, and Dothan which is the newer core.

I wouldn't suggest setting your laptop to always on unless you have some cooling for it. The default cooling is usually not adequate to have the laptop run at top speed for extended periods of time. You might get some lockups or have shorten the lifespan of it. If you want it to run at full speed all the time I would suggest getting a notebook cooler. I personally have one and I also have my laptop set at max battery so it doesn't get too hot.

CyberCRAP said:
I wouldn't suggest setting your laptop to always on unless you have some cooling for it. The default cooling is usually not adequate to have the laptop run at top speed for extended periods of time. You might get some lockups or have shorten the lifespan of it. If you want it to run at full speed all the time I would suggest getting a notebook cooler. I personally have one and I also have my laptop set at max battery so it doesn't get too hot.
If the laptop can't handle full speed, let it burn now before the warranty is up because there's something wrong with it.

Back