1TB Mushkin NVMe for $31 @ NE [now $40]

Nice, perfect to expand the game storage on the kids pcs... Thanks!

Yeah I would be careful about buying these kind of drives. You get what you pay for I guess.

If you're looking for the equivalent of a mass-storage drive, it'll do the job (think old SATA 1TB spinners). If you're thinking NVMe performance - nope.

If you're looking for the equivalent of a mass-storage drive, it'll do the job (think old SATA 1TB spinners). If you're thinking NVMe performance - nope.
It clearly has better performance than an old SATA spinner.

*Edit* 1 review shows a crystal disk benchmark. At 90% full it's much faster than something like a Seagate blue spinner. Still faster than a SATA SSD.

The only real mark against it is the seemingly high failure rate...at least as far as reviews are concerned.

Last edited:

*Edit* 1 review shows a crystal disk benchmark. At 90% full it's much faster than something like a Seagate blue spinner. Still faster than a SATA SSD.

The only real mark against it is the seemingly high failure rate...at least as far as reviews are concerned.
Link to the review please?

Link to the review please?
It was just a review on the Newegg page. Here's the pic though

5c952bb283995e72217081194d1fdba759f4a4e48e7c816b17633fa78e0669b5.png

At 99% it takes a performance hit.

Of course it is. I was saying "conceptually" it's like those - big, not the fastest, cheap.

NEVER EVER BUY from NEWEGG......... Shady company now days

Gamers Nexus - Exposed them for what they are.
go to U-TUBE and see

NEVER EVER BUY from NEWEGG......... Shady company now days

Gamers Nexus - Exposed them for what they are.
go to U-TUBE and see

I still buy all my pc hardware from them. Never had a "shady" problem with them ever, even with returns, both before and after all the newegg hoopla. been buying almost exclusively from them since like 2002.

I still buy all my pc hardware from them. Never had a "shady" problem with them ever, even with returns, both before and after all the newegg hoopla. been buying almost exclusively from them since like 2002.
Same, I think my first order was August of 2001 :D.

Back