19pc Craftsman Screwdriver Set, 80th Anniversary Edition - $16.88 at Sears

coolie_d

2[H]4U
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...and+Tools,+General+Purpose&sName=Screwdrivers

just got back from picking up some tools at Sears, had noticed these right as I was about to spend $19.99 on their 11pc set; figured it's a [H] deal because we can all use a few extra screwdrivers around the house/garage; and with the lifetime warranty as long as you don't misplace them it'll be the last screwdriver set you'll ever have to buy..........

There is a printable $5 off coupon on their website/internet as well.

I did not find a $5 off printable coupon on their site. Care for some linkage?

Can you tell me if these screwdrivers have magnetic tips? Thank you! Also, the$5 off coupon would be sick.

They don't, I've got the same set.

Just use a old hard drive magnet to magnetize the screw drivers. It probably works better than most magnetized screwdrivers.

My last 2 cents for the year;)

Edit: Oops. Didn't notice Choder mentioned it as well.

Very good deal. I like the deal very much
sonofwaffle.gif

I've never used a torx screwdriver in my life.

You need one so you can swap out the HD on your Tivo ;)

I bought the 47483 5 years ago Probably cost less than these, but some may prefer separate tools. Don't think they make it anymore, but here's a picture:
130_x.img

I'd love to have more torx, allen, and hex drivers.

They are quite common for working on hardware. Also when I install things I choose them over the phillips selection as they are designed to 'strip' out on torque (mostly a design to prevent over-torque, but more often than not screws things up; pun intended).

These screwdrivers are great (same design my dad had growing up...I am 36) unless you suffer from some hand problems. I can use a standard screwdriver just fine, but once I am building something my hands start to cramp now...the Sears Professional line solves that problem for me, but much more expensive.

Just use a old hard drive magnet to magnetize the screw drivers. It probably works better than most magnetized screwdrivers.

My last 2 cents for the year;)

Edit: Oops. Didn't notice Choder mentioned it as well.

I should have said hard drive magnet. That's what I use :)

Thanks for the linkage dannyboy:) You can really never have enough screwdrivers. Home, work, inlaws house in the truck. Thanks for the great deal.

BTW, for those of you reading who may not know, craftsman tools are excellent, and have a lifetime warrentee, as long as the damage doesn't come from abuse. I've seen people come in with broken tools that are over 20 years old and they get a free brand new replacement. I think I'm going to pick these up just to have the quality. And actually, it's good to have at least 2 sets of screwdrivers anyway.

The shelf price was $2 higher than the on-line price but when I bought them the correct price came up. I did get a funny look using the coupon but it was accepted. The screwdrivers are black and clear, not the color in the link. Thanks!

I picked up a set, thanks OP and coupon person :D

They had the black ones and the half black half red set, I went for the black set. 13 bucks after tax.

A couple of passes with a strong magnet will fix that.

That's why I keep the neodyneum magnets out of broken hard drives! :D

EDIT: reading more closely I guess alot of you all use hard drive magents.......... and damn, wish i'd found the coupon before I bought mine.............. I did get the screwdrivers, a 53-pc ratchet set, and a 12pc SAE combination wrench set all for less than $100 so i'm all set for next time the damn belt comes off the pulley in the snowblower............. I had a shitload of PC tools, but no mechanics tools to speak of.......... so I took my buddy who owns an auto shop with me to recommend some stuff and that's what I ended up with.......... he said with the lifetime warranty Craftsman has it's not worth spending extra on Snap-On/Matco unless you make your living with said tools, and he only uses them because with his tool dealers, he can buy like $30,000 worth of stuff and they know him well enough that they allow him as long as it takes to pay it off.............. The Snap-On guy sold him a new lift, and told him "hell, I've known you for 20yrs, you can take 50yrs to pay it off for all I care"

The shelf price was $2 higher than the on-line price but when I bought them the correct price came up. I did get a funny look using the coupon but it was accepted. The screwdrivers are black and clear, not the color in the link. Thanks!

I don't think enough people take advantage of printable coupons, because everytime I try to use one they're like "WTF is that thing?"............ and it usually takes 2 managers and a subcommittee to finally ring the thing through............. and I still get a look like i'm trying to rip them off.................. and my neighborhood Rite-Aid pharmacy flat out refuses to accept web coupons FROM Rite-Aid pharmacy............. :rolleyes:

I don't think enough people take advantage of printable coupons, because everytime I try to use one they're like "WTF is that thing?"............ and it usually takes 2 managers and a subcommittee to finally ring the thing through............. and I still get a look like i'm trying to rip them off.................. and my neighborhood Rite-Aid pharmacy flat out refuses to accept web coupons FROM Rite-Aid pharmacy............. :rolleyes:

I remember when the the original Star Wars Trilogy first came out on DVD, I price matched Frys at Sears and then pulled out my 5.00 coupon. I don't recall the final price, but it was quite a bit cheaper than anyplace else on the net or otherwise. :D

That's why I keep the neodyneum magnets out of broken hard drives! :D

EDIT: reading more closely I guess alot of you all use hard drive magents.......... and damn, wish i'd found the coupon before I bought mine..............

As do I. I have one set out of an old 40GB WD that are fairly strong, so I keep those at home. My other set is at work, and I just pulled them out of an old 9.1GB SCSI drive. Those things are much stronger and are damn near impossible to separate.

Picked up three sets yesterday. This is a pretty dirt cheap Hot Deal.

The coupons worked with no problem whatsoever. I handed out some extra coupons I printed to people in front of and behind me in line. Why should I have all the fun?

:D

I picked up the screwdrivers as well as a 3" and 6" extension and a plastic compartment case.
Clerk there knew about the coupons when I mentioned that I needed to have them all rang up separately.
tools.jpg

tools2.jpg

BTW, for those of you reading who may not know, craftsman tools are excellent, and have a lifetime warrentee, as long as the damage doesn't come from abuse. I've seen people come in with broken tools that are over 20 years old and they get a free brand new replacement. I think I'm going to pick these up just to have the quality. And actually, it's good to have at least 2 sets of screwdrivers anyway.

Actually craftsmans warranty on hand tools covers abuse. You can do whatever you want with them as long as you have a piece left that resembles the craftsman name or has the made in USA writing on it take it to sears and they will replace it no questions asked.

Not to go OT can you guys post where these magnets are in HDD's? I've got a few dead ones lying around and it would be great to magnetize my screwdrivers. TIA

Newegg had a 30$ pc tool kit on sale for like 13 bucks a while ago, guess I shoulda posted it huh :(

Not to go OT can you guys post where these magnets are in HDD's? I've got a few dead ones lying around and it would be great to magnetize my screwdrivers. TIA

you need a torx screwdrive(size 5 or 6?, too drunk to remember now:D) to disassemble the hard drive. The magnets are inside the hard drive. I usually use the laptop hdd magnets so I can latch it on my mini laptop tool case.

Just picked up the last set at my local Sears :) It was the black&clear set. Thanks OP & Coupon guy

My 2 local sears were both out of stock on this item, and also refused to accept the coupon. YMMV.

My local sears was out but substituted the 20pc set and still took the coupon. I was pretty impressed that I didn't even have to ask for the substitution.

My 2 local sears were both out of stock on this item, and also refused to accept the coupon. YMMV.

I would call a corp number and complain, the coupon comes directly FROM THEIR WEBSITE.

Back