19 HannsG LCD for $110 AR

yousuredo

n00b
Pcconnection.com has Hanns-g 19" HC-194D Digital LCD for $110 after $20 rebate [exp 9/30] and $100 rebate [exp 9/30]
Features 1280 x 1024 Resolution, 250 nits Brightness, 700:1 Contrast Ratio.
$20 rebate
$100 rebate

Its 129 AR,

$229 with a $100 MIR according to the site, Unless I picked the wrong monitor?

$110 is still a good deal. Can't buy em that cheap, even used! I paid $165 for my 19" Viewsonic used.

got one in the previous deal. The monitor came with one dead pixel but it was in the far side corner so not too noticeable. The speakers work fine so far but the sound quality is blah. My one major complaint is the connections in the back. Getting the video cord plugged into the back the first time is a pain. Getting the video cord out is just as hard. Overall, it will do the job and since it is 19', it is nice for people on budgets but if you have the money, look somewhere else.

I might be getting another one anyways since my other 17' LCD monitor got a few imprints on the screen that wont come out.

I got in on this one before. I think it is a great monitor. No dead pixels on mine. You were going to use the speakers? lol Forget the built in speakers in any LCD monitor for any quality output.

edit: I have big hands and fingers, but also have sufficient dexterity to have connected the cables in the back with little problem. It deserves no points off for the cable connections just because a 3 year old would have trouble with it.

I wish it was $10 lol, I was thinking to myself, sweet a monitor for lans!

mine came with one deadpixel. it went wonky a few times in the first week, when it faded in and out of picture but hasnt since then. speakers are a joke. i only tested them once. wasnt expecting much anyway so no loss. pretty bright screen

Someone needs to fix their subject. This most definitely is not a $10 AR monitor. :p

While after reading the fine print it does not mention that the product has to be new, I would be more than utterly amazed if the rebates worked on refurbished products. However, if they do it would be a super amazing deal for a $59(+tax/ship) 19" lcd.

AlienBoy said:
Any idea if you can use the rebates on the $179.99 Refurbished model?

some of the refurb products don't come with the orginally boxes
which means probably no UPC on it

This deal seems to be on almost all the time.

Thinking of pickign one up + mac mini + 320 gig external HD for a jukebox.

Now it is showing as $99.95 after $120 in rebates. Don't know what shipping is though.

shipping is $16.76 to Chicago.

dang - 99 after rebate now....

I'm trying to talk the wife into...we've got two crts...I'm telling her power savings :)

funny thing is I'm actually wanting to buy it for her machine. She's got an old 17" monitor that's cruddy and she's not really for it.

I'm trying to talk the wife into...we've got two crts...I'm telling her power savings

funny thing is I'm actually wanting to buy it for her machine. She's got an old 17" monitor that's cruddy and she's not really for it.

I'm going through the same thing, only she doesn't know it's her birthday gift.

99 Dollars, i could not resist. I bit. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

I would say PC Connection is a good place to buy from(I have no experience with RebatesHQ). I bought a hannsG HU196D with rebates(from OnRebate.com) awhile back and procrastinated to the point where I mailed it on the last day. The rebate ended up being postmarked a day late and OnRebate.com refused it. After calling onrebate(an automated labyrinth, took 30 minutes to be able to get a human(who then read off the website and said have a nice day) they flat out refused to honor it, so I called PC Connection and got a person right off the batt. I explained to the csr at PC Connection the situation and she called OnRebate herself to try and solve it(again they said no). When she couldn't fix it through OnRebate she ended refunding $50 to my card and giving me a $50 gift card(which I'm selling here ) to make up for the $90 rebate. As for OnRebate I have dealt with them several times for rebates, the only thing I can say about them is that as long as you follow their instructions to the letter every thing will be fast and painless(I have gotten rebates back in within 2 weeks), but if not you are screwed as they have no customer service to speak of.

Ordered 9/14, received today via DHL.

Reviews at newegg are 29 at 5 eggs and 1 at 3 eggs. Can't wait to get home and see for myself.

Additionally, dunno who noticed this or not, but this LCD has a THREE year parts and labor warranty from the manufacturer (most only have 1yr). And, this is still on their site for $99 AR.

I actually picked up their 19" widescreen last week for a friend. Its a sweet ass monitor. I was really surprised. The speakers do sound like ass tho. Good quality monitor and on the cheap side.

Alright, after a freak occurence (or fate punishing me for working late last night), i finally got home to test this lcd out.

What's in the box:
CD
Warranty Card
AC Power cord
DVI cable
VGA cable
Base Stand
19" Hanns·G LCD

The connections are all on the back of the panel pointing directly to the base, but located a bit low, making it a requirement that you bend the end of the DVI and AC cables to connect properly. No obstructions however, and there is a nifty open loop on the base pillar for cable management.

Out of the box, this thing is BRIGHT. Brightness was set to 100, and contrast was also set to 100. For me, brightness is finally just right when set to 0 (yes, zero), and contrast to 60. I also found that the panel definitely needed an amount of tweaking before it game me the coloration that meshed well with my other lcd. Although, i still find the whites to be a little pale-blue regardless (mayble more tweaking?), they look closer to correct when viewed from a horizontal angle. There were absolutely no dead or stuck pixels. And, unlike my original lcd, which ghosts quite a lot, this one exhibits zero ghosting from blacks to whites at all. The thing i notice most about this panel is how sharp everything feels. I'm sure this too is very subjective, but the blacks are very deep (excellent contrast ratio), and everything seems to jump off the screen.

The menu is intuitive enough, and has two preset color modes "Cool" and "Warm" as well as a user defineable RGB setting as well. The dot pitch of this unit seems to be a little more apparent than in my other lcd's assuming i'm speaking correctly about it (e.g. the matte is a little wider apart when viewed up close). I have not bothered to test the built in speakers, but i am glad they are present (hey, when you need just basic sound on the go it is convenient). I like not having to have a separate AC to DC converter. And on a side note, i feel some strange draw towards using a silver pen to change the HANNS·G to HANNS·G·UNIT below the panel where it is prominently written in the center.

That's my mini review to anyone questioning the quality of this lcd. For 99 bucks AR, its a steal - i'd get two more if i could.

Now, to see if the rebates follow through....

my hanns g is a pos :(
it was immaculate when i got it. after the second day, i got a stuck blue pixel right around the center.

today, about a month later, i got another stuck one, this time green. :(

maybe someone has a link to one of those programs that is supposed to "unstick" the pixel..maybe that will help ya?

weird. i dont exactly know whats going on but right now i have 0. Basically, I got really irritated by the green one since it was always apparent, so i flicked at it. And then it disappeared and like 15 more showed up or various colors, most being red. I flicked around, and right now they're all gone. I'm sure this isn't good, but I didn't flick too hard. Other than that, I've never moved the monitor since the day I've set it up. Weird...

ziddey said:
weird. i dont exactly know whats going on but right now i have 0. Basically, I got really irritated by the green one since it was always apparent, so i flicked at it. And then it disappeared and like 15 more showed up or various colors, most being red. I flicked around, and right now they're all gone. I'm sure this isn't good, but I didn't flick too hard. Other than that, I've never moved the monitor since the day I've set it up. Weird...
Usually rubbing on them gets the stuck pixels out. Weird that you got so many after flicking at 1.

Between me and my friends, we got 6 of these and have had 0 issues (no dead/stuck pixels, etc). I have a pair in my office and it is a great setup and for 220 (I got one at the 120 price and another on my office account at the 99 price) you cant argue given how much real estate you are getting.

wtf the rebates are now gone.....
thats just grimey

thank god i printed them before they pulled them
thats MESSED Uppp

I hope so...I'd like to buy 2 more! I just received mine today and I'm amazed at what $99.95 shipped AR got me.

Back