18h flight macbook air

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
My fiance bought a new macbook air for school in the UK. We will be flying from Beijing. This is something like a 17-18 hour flight. I have not used a mac since ... '99. What are some games that i can put on this thing. I'm not into sports games but most others are fine. I have been playing a lot of indie games recently. Once I get to the UK I will probably pick up a 7870 2gb and plat SRV, GTAV, sleeping dogs, BL2, Skyrim with lots of mods. I like RPG, adventure and puzzle games. I guess their are a number of games only for iOS that I have never heard of. What are some fun ones that can make that long flight less painful.

yes, I know I can get steam for iOS. I was hoping for some recommendations of games I can't play in windows that a macbook air can handle. I don't want to set up bootcamp and fill up the SSD just for one flight. I remember when I was in elementary school my buddy had a mac and he had many games i couldn't play on my computer.

yes, I know I can get steam for iOS. I was hoping for some recommendations of games I can't play in windows that a macbook air can handle. I don't want to set up bootcamp and fill up the SSD just for one flight. I remember when I was in elementary school my buddy had a mac and he had many games i couldn't play on my computer.

What XenIneX listed is basically what is it. You can install Origin and play the Sims if you want

Its a Mac, you will be limited by everything a PC can do. FYI it isnt using iOS

Are you confusing a Macbook with an iPad? Mac = OSX, iPad = iOS.

Civilization 5 is a good way to kill a long flight. Borderlands 2 runs ok on lowest settings on my MBA. Saints Row 3/4 runs alright in boot camp. Not sure what else there is to say besides what XenIneX linked or just some general game suggestions.

i play Dont Starve on my macbook.. sure you can play it on windows but enjoy it none the less on the mac..

as said above, just look at steam mac library.. the good thing is most of them are buy once, get the windows and mac version..

yah I mixed up iOS and OSX. I have not used an apple product since I was disappointed with my third gen ipod. I know i can use boot camp and play steam games. That defeats the purpose of playing on a mac. I have a laptop with windows 7 if I wanted to play windows games.

I remember some games like Escape Velocity from Ambrosia Software that were OSX exclusive.

You may want to look in the mac app store. Probably the best place to look if you are looking for mac exclusives. Not sure what youll find but a good place to start

Not to be a party pooper, but running any games will drain your battery faster than practically anything else you can do... so make sure to bring a good book too! :p

You may want to look in the mac app store. Probably the best place to look if you are looking for mac exclusives. Not sure what youll find but a good place to start

I don't know why I didn't think of that.

My fiance bought a new macbook air for school in the UK. We will be flying from Beijing. This is something like a 17-18 hour flight. .

Beijing to London is 12 hours max and usually only 10 or 11, not 18 hours lol.

Not to be a party pooper, but running any games will drain your battery faster than practically anything else you can do... so make sure to bring a good book too! :p

Most flights, especially international will have power plugs.

http://www.seatguru.com/

I personally prefer just watching tv shows during a flight.

Too bad you missed out on the last humble bundle it has some good low power games for cheap like Fez, Bastion, Limbo, FTL, Trine 2, and etc.

Last edited:
Back