1440p vs. New Video Card

kidstechno

Gawd
Hey guys, my system specs are in my signature but I'm currently rocking a EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB. I was thinking of upgrading from 1080p display to 1440p but wondering if the 670 could handle it. So I'm wondering would the upgrade be worth it, or should I grab something like a Radeon 290 and wait for a monitor upgrade?

If so, I see the QNIX 1440p minotors on eBay talked about a lot with the overclockable refresh rates. Are these pretty good monitors? Not really looking to spend $400+ on a display so the value is there but unsure on the quality.

Thanks for the input.

i just upgraded to a msi gamer 290 used. from a gtx 670 dcu2 oc i have a Korean 1440p monitor in bf4 i used to run all on ultra with no aa and get 40 to 60 fps,now all ultra no aa 120 resolution scale. i get high 50s to 60 with vsinc on. but i have no low drops with frames now,and the quality looks amazing.so i would say go for it.

A 670 would be enough for most games but the newer and more demanding games would struggle a little without lowering some settings. I'd say go ahead and get the new monitor and start saving for a badder GPU cause you'll be running at your 670's limit most of the time at 2560x1440.

What games are you playing and/or are interested in playing on that resolution?

What games are you playing and/or are interested in playing on that resolution?

I play pretty much anything I can get my hands on, recently playing Sleeping Dogs and Arkham City. Just finished Watch Dogs (had to turn down textures due to only 2GB on the 670) but can play most things maxed settings. But my main game is World of Warcraft at the moment.

Back