127GB problem

pOwErEd By NOS

Weaksauce
So I have a new computer with a serial 400gb hard drive and when I try to install Windows it only shows like 127GB. Do I have to change anything in my BIOS or install any drivers before I install windows?

You could have done a quick forum search for your answer.

You need SP2 slipstreamed into the install CD use www.google.com to find nlite to do it.

or sp1 actually, and you need to see how old your bios is to see if it needs to be upgraded to support large drives.

TheTMan said:
or sp1 actually, and you need to see how old your bios is to see if it needs to be upgraded to support large drives.

If you have sata, you have a newer board....

TheTMan said:

You need Sp1 to see drives over 127GB in an already installed system. If you want to clean install to a larger drive you need SP2.