120hz Eyefinity Problem

Zabuzaxsta

n00b
So after all this drama, I got some Eyefinity-approved Accell adapters for converting mini DP into dual-link DVI. I've plugged everything in and it's working fine, except for the fact that I can't do 120hz for some reason. Whenever I set it up in the CCC, the screens go black, the third monitor pops on, a few seconds later the middle monitor pops on, and the first monitor stays black (from right to left, basically). This happens at any Hz above 75 - 100, 110, & 120. At 75, the resolution goes waaay down and it gets stretched everywhere.

The monitors are rated for 120hz (Dell AW2310) and I'm using dual-link DVI cable on all of the monitors (one is hooked up directly to the dual-link port on my graphics card, the other two are hooked up via Accell's mini DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter). I only have one graphics card, but it's a HD 7970 overclocked to 1.26 GHz core and 6.2 GHz memory (it's very stable). :/

Maybe I need to put the graphics card back down to normal settings, or has someone heard of this problem?

I'm not trying to do a 3-D display, just 120hz 2D...I took that to mean it would not display a 120Hz 3-D setup, not 120Hz outright.

On that thread you linked, someone brought up that they have gotten this adapter to work on 120Hz 2D displays. I wish that thread really explained things more. Additionally, the Apple converters have a well-documented host of problems going on with them; I'd really like to avoid them if I can.

Last edited:
Back