12,000 to burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMystikaLD said:
Actually, if he really did inherit that money -- I don't think he can legally use it until he's 18 anyway...
He can unless stated otherwise. My grandmother said I could have mine at 18, I only got 30k :D. I bought a new car, a decent computer and took a little vacation after graduation.

i think that's actually true unless certain legal recourses are undertaken, but otherwise it should go to his parents to hold.

Heh if you're that insistent on getting a good comp here ya go...

4x 18-Inch, 180 and 90-Degree-Angled, SATA ( SERIAL ATA 150 ) Cable, 2-Head ( RED )
4x Arrow Micro 6-Inch SATA Power Adapter (15-Pin) to Power Supply (4-Pin) -RETAIL
1x Lian-Li Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case, Model "PC-V2100A" -RETAIL
2x NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive, Silver, Model ND-3500A S, OEM
1x Arctic Silver Premium Silver Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound, Model "Arctic Silver 5", 3.5-gram( 1 cc. ) tube
4x Maxtor 300GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model 6B300S0, OEM Drive Only (16MB cache)
4x CORSAIR XMS, Xtra-Low Latency 2-2-2-5, 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200, Model CMX512-3200XL - Retail
1x MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL
1x AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache, Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor - Retail
1x Turtle Beach 6-Channel PCI Sound Card, Model "Santa Cruz" -RETAIL
1x eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "256-A8-N345-AX" -RETAIL

total = $4113.81

Newegg.com is your friend

Oh and BTW before you build it... Find someone who knows what they're talking about and doing, AND you'll still have money for college...

Money management man, money management.

not bad but i might add more burners and hard drives to it I want a terabyte

update how does this look?

1x Thermaltake VA3000 Dream Tower Tsunami VA3400SNA Silver Mid Tower Case
1x CHAINTECH "VNF3-250" nForce3 250 Chipset Motherboard
1x ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB
1x AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1x PDP SYSTEMS Memory Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive
2x NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive Model ND-3500A

Tax: $127.25
Subtotal: $ 1,542.48
Shipping & Handling: $35.95
Grand Total: $ 1,705.68

Liam said:
How the HELL did you go from 15k to 1.5k? :confused:
good question!
If you were going to pay $15000 for a computer, get better speakers. THose klipsch are the best computer speakers, but there are better things out there....

well im going to buy 10 of the $1,700 comps and we are going to have lans in the guest house playing tribes 3 :)

I think we have a case of a little kid trying to brag about how much money he "has."

nope I dont care what you think about the money I just whant your help. so what should I change on the $1,700 comp the ram,mobo,vid card?

Renu, I'm sorry but you're either 10 or you're full of BULLSHIT. Actually, nevermind, i'm not sorry, but you should be sorry that you WASTED all our time with BS.

kick@ss said:
I think someone realized money doesn't grow on trees.

Yeah, then he follows your post with "I'm buying 10 of these." Maybe renu should focus on other things, probably school work. Hope you don't grow up to be the kind of person who thinks credit is a magical form of money and suddenly you accrue huge debt.

Whatever, waste your money, who really cares. Not like it affects us in real life. :rolleyes:

Comps...I guess they're okay. Eh...

I had my dad buy me 5 of the comps just know from newegg. i would have but im not 18 yet. The other 5 will be next week

renu said:
I had my dad buy me 5 of the comps just know from newegg. i would have but im not 18 yet. The other 5 will be next week

your a fucking idiot, i dont believe you for a second... even if this is true, I would pay money to see your dumbass look when you get the parts in and say to yourself " so these computer parts fit together somehow?"

This thread should be a sticky for pure comedy.

Good luck with your system Renu, invite me over if you're in the LA area so I can play on the LAN. And if you need someone to do the networking for you, msg me.

-MrD

I still need something to get the room temp at about 30 to 25 degrees. I dont think the one unit will do the job.

can i install a water cooling unit in the stacker case? or do i need a new case just for the water cooling unit because i was told the water cooling unit is about the size of a car tire is this true?

a better idea would be to buy a vapochill or two and a lian li, trust me, if you spend 12 grand on a computer youll regret it. In 6 months there will be something better for the same or lower price.I would just get a good 2-3 grand comp and use vapochill to Oc the hell out of it

renu said:
can i install a water cooling unit in the stacker case? or do i need a new case just for the water cooling unit because i was told the water cooling unit is about the size of a car tire is this true?

It's actually closer to the size of a monster truck tire. Imagine Bigfoot and you'll have a clear picture on how big a water cooling unit usually is.

Even though you see pictures on some sites showing a water cooling system being not much bigger than the PC case, you have to keep in mind that the PC cases used on review sites are bigger than most VW beetles.

-MrD

Wow, not only are you stupid, but so is your dad.

Do exactly as your thread title says, burn it.

well maybe i can make my own case out of metal so I can put the water cooling system in it?
But that might take up the whole room

Dude, you're an idiot. Spend $2000 -$3000 on a good system, invest the rest in GOOG, TASR, or something like that.

Hey, get this, if you invested 10K in TASR in, oh, March 2003, you would have a cool quarter-mil right now.

The money will go for the 10 comps and the new case I will build for the massive electro magnetic hyperstaic conducter

the massive electro magnetic hyperstaic conducter will draw the water from the pool and cool the cpu to about -455 degrees.

Isn't -455 degrees almost zero kelvin? *runs off to find his chemistry book*

I smell BS, but I think that we need pictures when you get this "stuff".

I have a couple smilies that I feel are appropriate for the situation:
cussing.gif
cowsleep.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
boldyellow.gif
bounce.gif
multi.gif

Ok, so they dont apply at all, but they are fun none the less!

That is all,

E
EDIT: ok its 2.4 degrees K

doh it was not -455 but -55 :D

ya i will have pics you can count on that

the new cooling unit will take about 2 weeks to build

This will be the water pump for the electro magnetic hyperstaic conducter

pump

The unit will be in this storage

This is the tubbing i will run from the pump to the cpu

tube

the radiator

radiator

I will also make the water blocks for the cpu and gpu out of copper each block will have 4 tubes hooked up to it. I will add a mix of water with 30% glycol additive along with corrosion protective additives.

Not a waste of money this will be for tribes 3 servers so i can set up a lan and burn many dvds at one time. dont be mean i want to build this and i already have 5 on the way

Can you cancel or those orders?!?!

Lol seriously most your friends wont care about (or even know about) high image quality. You probably don't. You could have got away with budget gamer systems if you wanted and still impressed people.

Why didn't you do something sensible with your money. I think we need to contact his dad :eek: It is a waste of money for a Lan server! If you wanted an internet server you should rent one from a decent company.

lol this must be a joke. -55...from water cooling. LOL! You cannot go below 0 because water freezes. You cannot go below room temperature with water cooling from my understanding.

oh i will find a way for the water to get very cold or i can use something thats not water and wont freeze im sure the product is around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back