1000 PS3s at $1200 apiece--anyone buying?

I fail to see why it is wrong to sell at $1200 a pop. If there is the demand for it and there is limited supply of course he price will go up. Not like ppl are being forced to buy it...

It may not have been in that article, but I saw somewhere that the supplier is providing these from Sony with the knowledge that they will be sold over their own MSRP. I guess until I find that link it's just BS.

I agree that there is no problem selling them at the price. I have no problem with people selling them for any price, but if the manufacturer is providing them to be sold well over the MSRP, then that is what sucks.

You guys realize that the article was posted 7 days ago, and that those were to go on sale on the 17th. So wherever they got them from those consoles are probably long gone.

It's christmas season, gents, the PS3'll sell out through the holidays. It's post-Xmas that you'll see the system sink like a sack of shit :D

Maximus825 said:
They're going for less than that on ebay...

Not by much. The end at around that for the 60GB model. The prices will be going higher once the saturation on eBay decreases.

forget the club. I'll sell one with an extra controller and original reciepts fo 1200! :)

hardwarephreak said:
http://www.fiercegamebiz.com/story/1000-ps3-for-1200-anyone-buying

ultrabar in dc has apparently worked out some arrangement with sony where sony will provide them with 1000 ps3 consoles, and then ultrabar will sell each unit for $1200 a pop. uh, wtf. seriously? major retailers are having issues finding enough consoles to cover their pre-orders and sony lets a club sell them for $1200 a pop?
Capitalism FTW

lixuelai said:
I fail to see why it is wrong to sell at $1200 a pop. If there is the demand for it and there is limited supply of course he price will go up. Not like ppl are being forced to buy it...

the fact isn't that they are selling them for 1200$ a piece, its more along the lines that they really should be giving those 1000 units to the normal distribution stores (Ebgames,walmart, etc..)..

Back