1000$ Budget

Shattoww

n00b
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming - League of Legends, maybe WoW
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000 Shipping & tax included
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
I live in Tustin, CA, very close to microcenter.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, memory, CPU, MB, SSD, GPU, storage drive, Power Supply, DVD, heatsink
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None
6) Will you be overclocking?
YES (please budget for a decent cooler)
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I need one, suggestions? 220$ seperate budget
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
1-2 weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
USB3 and SATA 3
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
already have Win7 64bit

I will be basing this build around a 3570k at MC for $169, also probably get the MB there to save $40 on the CPU/MB combo.

This is what I have so far

$270 - Intel Core i5 3570 CPU + Asus P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 ATX Mtherboard Microcenter Combo

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=425470

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=362582

Thanks
:D

So was that $270 purchase part of that $1000 budget?

I think it just means he's choosing that cpu + mobo combo. Not that he actually ordered it. So $730 left.

Please answer Skillz' question. I don't want to make any assumptions about your budget.

Do you plan on playing any other games besides LoL and WoW?

Which edition of Windows 7 do you have?

Are you going to play games more than 75% of the time on your computer? If not, what else are you using it for?

The 270 would be part of the $1,000 dollar budget, so $730 remaining would be correct. Mainly gaming 70% of the time, but I don't tend to play graphic intense games. Maybe some CS:GO as well. I already have Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks again.

Just to be clear, I have not purchased the cpu/mobo yet, if yall have a better recommendation, I'm all ears.

No, get that combo from MC. We recommend it if you live near.

As for the rest of the items.

$80 - SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W
$70 - Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB
$360 - MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit
$35 - SAMSUNG 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
$110 - Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
$30 - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1

$685 shipped

Choose your own case, list compliments of Danny Bui;
$50 - Corsair Carbide Series 200R ATX Case
$50 - NZXT Source 210 Elite Black ATX Case
$50 - NZXT Source 210 Elite White with Black Front Trim ATX Case
$65 - Corsair Carbide Series 300R ATX Case
$80 - Corsair Carbide Series 400R ATX Case
$100 - Antec 1100 ATX Case
$110 - Antec P280 ATX Case
$120 - Corsair Carbide Series 500R ATX Case
$120 - Lian Li PC-7HX Black Aluminum ATX Case
$120 - NZXT Phantom PHAN-002GR Black Finish w/Green Trim Full Tower ATX Case
$120 - NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White ATX Case
$126 - NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black ATX Case
$123 - Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Gunmetal Black ATX Case
$125 - Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White ATX Case
$135 - Fractal Design Define R4 with Window Black Pearl ATX Case
$135 - Fractal Design Define R4 with Window Arctic White ATX Case
$135 - Fractal Design Define R4 with Window Titanium Grey ATX Case
$120 - Corsair Obsidian Series 550D ATX Case

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Sorry to revive this thread, I'm getting ready to purchase the parts and I realized that if I buy from tigerdirect then I am not getting charged sales tax. Is this correct? I live in California.

The only part I am in disagreement with is the video card, is there something less expensive? Like I said, the games I will be playing are not really graphic intensive. I don't tend to play next-gen games. 380 seems absurd for one part. Do any of you have a recommendation around 200$ from tigerdirect that would work well with the build Skillz dropped me?

Look for a 660 gtx then. Should be a little over $200.

That video card looks good. On my phone atm, if you can wait about an hour and a half to two hours when I get off work I will redo your build using tigerdirect and/or with taxes included at newegg for the best deal.

Yeah, I can wait. I will buy tonight because tigerdirect has free shipping for another 5 hours or so :)

I appreciate your help.

I now see why I stopped using Tigerdirect. Their web site is terrible, not to mention they simply don't have the selection that Newegg does.

IIRC, Amazon doesn't charge CA residents tax either, so search for those missing items on Amazon. Additionally, that RAM probably is getting hard to find so look for some G.Skill RAM @ DDR3 1333 or DDR3 1600 rated at 1.5v or less. An 8GB kit should cost no more than $50 and a 16GB kit should be no more than $75.

Just built a very similar setup to you.

I went with
i5 3570k
P8Z77-V LX
Sapphire 7950 3gb
WD black 1tb
Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb
Windows 8 pro
Corsair C70
Corsair H60
Crucial Ballistix ddr3 1600 8gb
Seasonic X750 gold

plus a few addons like new dvd burner, fan controller(which crapped out after 2weeks), 32gb 3.0 flash drive(like $20@MC), and 2 additional case fans

I paid ~$1075 before MIR but have already gotten $45 of my $75 in rebates back and sold a few of the cd codes from the graphics card.

Back