# Noctua NH-U 9 *
# Sharkoon Red Shock *
# Silverstone NT02 *
# Scythe Samurai Z *
# Arctic Cooling Freezer 64
# Scythe Shogun
# Thermalright XP-120
# Zalman CNPS9500CU

for those interesting in silent & powerful computing it'll surely be interesting.. I hope :)

http://www.madshrimps.be/gotoartik.php?articID=384

Hey I don't know if you still have all those coolers laying around or not, but could you throw that Shogun onto a SLI-DR? Does it fit? How about with it oriented to blow air out the rear rather than the psu?

Thanks

Great review. It'll be mighty useful for those people looking for a new cooler - I only wish I had read it a month or so ago.

Elias said:
Great review. It'll be mighty useful for those people looking for a new cooler - I only wish I had read it a month or so ago.

Too bad it did not include a couple of the other heavy hitters....

Nice review JMke,
I like pictures, so it was nice too see that you had a lot on Madshrimps reviews.

:)

Starfox said:
Thermaltake big typhoon for one.

Right on. It IS one of the "big names" for quiet yet powerful cooling, and depending on case configuration, you can get better results with one cooler or the other....testing all those heatsinks without including the other direct competitors nad calling one the "best" is like a car mag testing a Camaro and a Mustang, and leaving out the other brands....
:p

People are too quick to jump on the anti Tt bandwagon because of some of the crappy coolers they do and did make, but the Big Typhoon is NOT one of those...it is a high end cooler that can run with ANY of the other top air coolers out there...

EDIT: Don't take it personallly, I read madshrimps all the time and like the site.....I am just making discussion....

I'm working on acquiring a test sample of the TT Big Typhoon, also have the latest Thermalright HR-01 and updated XP-120 -> SI-120 incoming for review.

It's not like a consciously chose not to include certain heatsinks; I try to test as much of the current crop as possible and I send out requests to all known HSF manufacturers, but I can't wait forever to start testing :)

Good thing is that I'm keeping my test system for a long time to come and will compare the newcomers directly to those I've already tested in that system :)

Ah yes btw TheRapture “testing all those heatsinks without including the other direct competitors nad calling one the "best" is like a car mag testing a Camaro and a Mustang, and leaving out the other brands....” where in the review do I name one cooler “the best”.. please quote me :)

already reviewed that one here
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=389

compared to a whole series of heatsinks (17 HSF roundup) check the link for a list of all my HSF reviews, links to reviews where each HSF was used for comparison with others

@infinit: my pleasure:)
@halcyon: I don't have DFI nF4 , sorry, no nF4 boards yet, I'm building a S939 test setup, but I'm stock with a none OC MSI ATI mini-ITX mobo and an Opteron 144 which will run 2.7ghz without effort;)

Back