10.3 Crossfire Works, Eyefinity Doesn't

schenks

[H]ard|Gawd
So I picked up another 5770 to add to my rig a couple days back, just installed, and updated to the 10.3 Catalysts. Right now I can either enable Crossfire (which works), or have it disabled, and attempt to create an Eyefinity group (this does not work and just does 3x clone screens). Previously I had been running EF on the single 5770 w/ no problems and still have all three monitors plugged into the first card.

I'm assuming 10.3 was the one I wanted to enable both at the same time, but maybe I am mistaken. Is this only available on the newer .3a/.3b preview drivers?

crossfire/eyefinity was working with 10.2. it also works with 10.3 and 10.3a. ive been using 10.3a for a while now without any issues.

crossfire/eyefinity was working with 10.2. it also works with 10.3 and 10.3a. ive been using 10.3a for a while now without any issues.

So with CF enabled, it gives you the option to set groups and all that for EF? That's what's not showing up for me in CF, then with CF disabled, the option is there, but just sets me to 3x clone. I suppose a full uninstall/reinstall is in order now. :p

Edit: Reinstall didn't do it....10.3b didn't do it....stumped

Clean install of 10.3b basically gives me Eyefinity OR CrossfireX, not both at the same time.

Last edited:
Alright, so status update:

Clean installed 10.3b last night after I got in. Basically, right now it will either allow my normal extended monitors w/ CrossfireX enabled OR allow me to run with Eyefinity enabled. With this setup, I don't even get the option to create an Eyefinity group. It simply does not show up. However, once I disable CF and enable EF, attempting to turn on Crossfire kicks me into 3x 1680 cloned monitors with CF on.

I've also gone through and tried above with one and two bridges connected just to make sure that wasn't causing the issue.

Is this something that ANYBODY has even seen when running crossfired, or am I in some odd new territory here?

So with CF enabled, it gives you the option to set groups and all that for EF? That's what's not showing up for me in CF, then with CF disabled, the option is there, but just sets me to 3x clone. I suppose a full uninstall/reinstall is in order now. :p

Edit: Reinstall didn't do it....10.3b didn't do it....stumped

Clean install of 10.3b basically gives me Eyefinity OR CrossfireX, not both at the same time.

I returned my second 5850 for this very reason.

No problem. I figure they'll release a working driver, eventually. Who knows when though.

Back