ZS Drivers on standard Audigy 2

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all, I've done some searching but I can't find a thread detailing how to install the ZS Drivers on a standard audigy 2. Is this even a wise move? What I'm really looking for is the way to use Stereo Surround, as opposed to CMSS. Do the ZS Drivers work well on the original Audigy 2? Thanks

There's a fix for it, but the files that I have are two part, so I don't know where the actual fix it located. I've installed them on my Audigy and they work excellent (love that Stereo Surround, but it really throws the bass off)

Like I said I would post up a torrent of the iso cd and fix since Creative doesn't allow people to download their drivers anywhere, but I'd need a ruling from an admin to do so.

hows about a pm right to here ;)

ill see if i can find it myself in the meantime

anyway...

im on sblive
heres waht ive done:

used audigy2 cd with ctcomp and installed. then did the patches and drivers. all was fine up to the new eax4 drivers but the new eax4 is giving me headaches

first time after reboot, itll be there and all, but windows wont recognize it as sound and thus wont work

if i rerun the driver install, itll go in, but now, it may be called emu10k1 instead of sblive <-- iirc, this results in the devil

ok so im going and all but now ive lost all eax functionality. all of it. i lose my environmental effects too

i saw someone with a different guide than the one thats floating around (actually same one, he was just postingf his own experience) and he had eaxconsole and spkcalibrator on his live. how is this possible?

anyway, you able to shed any type of light?

thanks

i just uninstalled everything creative and started fresh. this time, i didnt bother with the audigy2 cd install but skipped right to the eax4 audigy1 drivers (which is the same as the driver for aud2/2zs or so setup says)

then i installed the audiohq and new suroundmixer and am enjoying it slightly but not really

now, i lost my rear speakers :(
edit: kill that. rear works fine. apparently my digital cable is shitting out on me

edit2: i should really test more before i post. it seems that environment effects work but equalizer is dead :(

considering eq is what i use...

edit3: it seems that eq works too. if i choose one, all sound will die until i go under the parametric eq setting and (even though its already on master) set it to master again. doing this will make it all okay.

anyone have any ideas?

edit4: shit just realised this wasnt the original thread idea. sorry for the jack :(

Back