yay i just got my system today. tell me what u think?

iamgus_gus

Weaksauce
so this is what was at my door step when i came home from school :D

a sqare piece of metal with this written on it
AMD Athlon
AXDA2800DKV4D K021406250060
AQZFA 0334MPMW 1999 AMD
(2800+barton)

Corsair Platinum Series, XMS 512MB 400MHz

ASUS A7N8X

what do u think?

theres alot more to come

Well, you got an unlocked chip. Asus A7N8X is good as long it is rev 2.0 although you still might have to do some Vdimm and Vdd mods. The real sad thing is Vdimm only goes up to 2.8V without any mods :(

You should be able to hit 3200+ speeds easily. With the adjustable multi you'll have a lot more flexibility. Test it out and tell us your results :D

Gus, you know why you got the an unlocked chip?

Because Im helping you out, and told you to buy from newegg

ha, yup rob. yay im happy. happy day!

now lets see if my 9600 256MB comes cause the guy i bought it from ebay is sketching me out.

this is turning out to be pretty fun building this computer.... all so i can play video games! ha.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by SpeedSlayer
Gus, you know why you got the an unlocked chip?

Because Im helping you out, and told you to buy from newegg

...the Barton 2800+ wasn't popular before AMD locked chips week 39 and after so there are a lot of earlier unlocked steppings of 2800+'s lying around at newegg...

But of course we must factor your psychic sensing of unlocked chips at newegg...

i got a A7N8X delux rev 1.06 i believe and it works fine don't let anyone tell ya that it has to be rev 2.0 ..my 2500+ overclocks to 2.5ghz+ no problem with some watercooling

Originally posted by Godmachine
i got a A7N8X delux rev 1.06 i believe and it works fine don't let anyone tell ya that it has to be rev 2.0 ..my 2500+ overclocks to 2.5ghz+ no problem with some watercooling

Well the non-rev 2.0 A7N8X boards have low Vdd voltage so it is very difficult to achieve high FSB. That's why so many people have had problems with raising the FSB to 200 with those non-rev 2.0 boards.

I've had probs getting 2 diff rev2 asus mobos with diff chips to get even close to 200mhz stable ...maybe just 2 bum chips ..dono

I just built my new system around a 2800 barton... bought from newegg, and it was locked.......

wow i must be lucky huh

nah. i would think the only reasons that amd started locking the 2500's is everyone was overclocking the crap out of them, lowering multi and skyrocketing the fsb, so they just made it harder. my 2800 came unlocked also. i would guess that most if not all 2800's were unnlocked.

Back