XP SP2 coming soon

DevilMan

Gawd
I know some will not care but here is an article for the new XP SP2.
I did find some interesting stuff like Explorer getting tabbed browsing and pop up blocker.

Just a heads up for the windows users.

One of the biggest changes ever made by Microsoft will be included in XPSP2...in a radical departure from their long standing operational procedures, they will be unveiling a new color for the blue screen of death. The beta will determine if it will be green (GSOD) or the red (RSOD) and may be refined even further to a possible orange (OSOD) and to satisfy the politically correct, a possible pink candidate (PSOD)

This sudden move on Microsoft's part was made to cover the statement of Chairman Bill Gates when he said " this release of this service pack will eliminate the possibility of ever seeing another 'Blue Screen of Death' in Windows XP ever again" :p

I anxiously await the arrival of the much touted SP2, and the ensuing patches to fix the fix. Maybe you could call me a cynic, but I prefer to call it experience. :D

wasn't there actually a hack to change the colors of your win 95/98 bsod?

Originally posted by cuemasterfl
I look forward to XP SP2, unlike some people. I've never had a BSOD in XP.

Same here, though my father gets them everyday. Has gotten so bad for him that Word will not even stay open for more than 10 minutes.

I am buying him new hardware this week and will do a reinstall and that should clear it up. ( he is running some hardware that was made just after Win95 came out)

I'm gonna be looking forward to this new update. Looks like quite a bit of improvment going on here. Finally :rolleyes:

The only time that I get the BSOD is when I run Overnet. Haven't solved the problem yet. Thought it had to do with my network card, but it isn't. I only get them occasionally. Other than that, I haven't' really gotten many BSOD's in quite a while.

Back