System Specs:

AMD 2400+ Barton w/ 5700rpm fan
Gigabyte GA-7VAX Mobo
1Gb DDR400 Ram
Audigy Sound-C
Floppy, 2 HDD's, 1 CDRW
Celestica ATI Gold Edition Radeon X800 PRO
350w PSU

Hi, I'm new here.... well I've known FLECOM (bows to name) for like 4 years now and know about these forums for just as long - well to the point:

Okay, I got the above video card today and I previously had a GeForce4 MX440 working fine (well to its standards) and i put in the x800 pro in as soon as i got home... I hook up the power but it doesnt even power up! I put in the GF4 and it does... but then i take it out and put the x800 again and nothing... I so i removed the power from the x800 and it starts but ofcourse beeps like fuck and tells me to put the power... I put the power - NOTHING AGAIN!. Can someone help me please? I'm using my brothers comp as we speak.

You guys think you can help a board new-b out? <--- Yes I admit im a board new-b

All I know is on the X800 Pro box I have, it says a 380W PSU is recommended. Whether that is your problem or not, I do not know.

My X800 Pro is running on a Turbolink 350 at the moment until my Fortron 530 arrives. It seems to be fine, but with only 12A on the 12+, it bogs down when trying to overclock the cpu or other components. The facts are, either your psu is too weak to handle it, or you have the power connector plugged in wrong. You need to plug the purple splitters short end into the card, the long end into the main ide drive, and the power input into a spare power supply cable that isn't bogged down with a ton of devices. Another thing you should always do when swapping out cards on the same mobo is clear the CMOS.

i have disconnected EVERYTHING from the computer power wise except for the mobo, proc, fan, and video card... still nothing. remember this is a 350 watt.. and i even did short connecter to vid card - long to HDD and still same bullsh^t

What brand 350W supply is it? Some of the generic ones may not be powerful enough to power the card. My enermax 350 is doing fine with my system and it has even more stuff in it then yours. Just for reference I am running
Barton 2500+@2138
1GB PC3700
3 7200RPM hard drives
DVD-Rom, DVD-Burner
Audigy 2
7 80mm Case Fans.
Sapphire X800 Pro

Back